Spring will come soon

The apartment seemed so small and empty now... maybe it was time to move on completely.

You made your way over to the bedside, the soft and silky rabbit lay on the sheets looking through you with glass eyes, "Pamela... I... I miss you..."

You often felt as though she never left, sometimes a familiar scent would catch your nose on the wind and it would smell like her. When you closed your eyes at night, you could see her face. Nothing was the same anymore. You hadn't been able to move on from her because no one after her wanted to be around more than a few months.

"Maybe... it's time to go out again... maybe I'll have more luck this time around. Maybe... I'll finally move on and your ghost won't haunt me." You sighed and took your phone off of the nightstand, "I wonder if Johnathan is free tonight? I'd have to bake some cookies for it to be a definite 'yes, I'm free' but let's just see how far I can get without them."
—————————————————
Johnathan

Hey,are you free tonight?

Yes, I'm always free for you

Would you maybe want to come over for dinner?

Sure!

Did you bake cookies for me??

Not yet ;)

I'll be there in 20!
—————————————————

"Twenty minutes... better get dinner started then!" You hopped up off your bed and made your way to the kitchen, "chicken parm it is with some fettuccine alfredo... he'll love that."

Twenty minutes rolls by and you hear a knock at the door.

"Come in!" You said loud enough for the person on the other side to hear. Johnathan then opened the door and walked in.

"What's on the menu, Miss Y/n?" He smiled and placed a hand on your shoulder.

"Chicken parm and fettuccine alfredo!" You smiled back at him.

"You know me too well, Y/n. I've never had any bad experiences with your cooking or baking," Johnathan gave a small smile and then asked, "How are you holding up?"

You sighed and turned to face him, "I'll be okay it's just... I feel like I'm haunted by her at all times of the day and night. I see her when I dream and I smell her scent on the air, there's always something there to remind me that she's gone... However," you continued, "I think I'm ready to move on... those other women in my life are just learning experiences."

"Back on women, I suppose?"

"Actually, I was thinking about maybe going on some dates with some guys just to open my playing field." You smiled a little, "I haven't been with a man in... oh wow... maybe nine years? Ten maybe?"

Johnathan's smile became just a bit wider after hearing that, "Well, if it's a man you're looking for... why don't I take you on a date?"

"You... want to take me on a date?"

"I have for some time now, you're a beautiful woman, Y/n. What man wouldn't want to call you his significant other?" He smiled, "if you do not wish to go on a date with me, then I'll drop it—"

"Okay. We can go on a date... but I feel as though I need to bake some cookies for that occasion too." You chuckled, "Would I be correct, Dr. Crane?"

"Not this time, my dear." He smiled and moved closer, looming over you, "there's another sweet treat that I would be hoping for..." he brought his hand to your face, gliding his thumb over your bottom lip.

You felt your skin warm up, it had been a long time since any man had stirred anything in you, "You're a man of science, Johnathan, humor me for a moment. However, I have a theory."

"A theory you say? And what would this theory be?" He smiled down at you.

"My theory is that if you are to kiss on the first date, you might find all your nerves vanish but you'd find out if you'd ever want that person to kiss you again." You smiled and placed your hand over his, resting it upon your cheek, "would you like to participate in my little experiment?"

"I think... that was the weirdest way of saying, 'kiss me'." He chuckled and began closing in the gap. Your eyes began to shutter closed, the gap closed and felt Johnathan's soft lips on yours.

This felt so familiar... the feeling of his lips felt like hers: warm, kind, soft...

As he pulled away, he smiled, "Well, what did your theory-"

"Shut up." You demanded, smashing your lips together again, you could tell by the look in his eyes that this wasn't what he expected out of you.

Johnathan quickly collected himself, grabbing you by the thighs and lifting you up onto the counter for better leverage, "not another word..."