Mom

It was already way past my bed time. Usually I sleep really early, but today I was busy scrolling through my computer.
The time was about ten thirty and I made sure my lights were off so that mum wouldn't know I was still awake. If she saw me still awake she would be really unhappy.

Today would be my last night at home. 

I was leaving for boarding school first thing in the morning.It really hurt me because I was by no means ready for the trauma High school was going to bring.At first it was kind of some wierd joke but soon it began to get much more serious as the materials began to arrive.

I had begged, cried and rolled on the floor in order not to be admitted into a Boarding Being a huge book reader, I had read tons of books depicting how wierd, annoying and frustrating boarding school was.But all my tears fell on deaf ears because my mum was super determined to take me to boarding school. Believe me I had tried everything .From bribery to faking a sickness to crying my eyes out.So this night as I scrolled through my pc, I felt a new kind of feeling. Acceptance.If this was what must be my fate, then I'm ready for it.I had no  option either ways which was really sad.

All my cousins were going to day schools All. Well,maybe except for cousin Ebube but you wouldn't call his school a boarding school.He could come home when he pleases, and had free passes in and out of the school.B that wouldn't be my case.Myschool was by no means allowing that so we could as well perish.

Well so if I had a last night I'm gonna spend it well.i browsed through my school website online and I couldn't help but realize how rushed it looked.The laboratories, everything was just a spec.Much more than I expected.But even at that I couldn't help feeling sad.Sad that illd be saying my Goodbyes soon to my beautiful family.

As I quietly shut down my computer, I heard moms footsteps coming closer.

I quickly hide the laptop under my pillow and forced my eyes shut.She turned on the light, looked at me and smiled.Wow...wierd yunno my mum isn't the emotional crazy type.
Maybe she's just taking a long last book at her youngest son,me.
Louis Kenechukwu.
Maybe she knew deep that I wasn't ready and wasn't ready to let me go either but she knew she just had to. Its time for me to go to boarding school and She had babied me enough.
She closed the door and silently tiptoed out of the room.
I kept thinking how would Boarding school be like? Would I exactly fit in?
I knew since Primary School that I kind of stood out.I wasn't into sports like the other boys. I loved reading and nature and other stuff unlike the others.What does this mean exactly?
I rolled my eyes. I should really not worry too much
High School would be a blast and I know it.
As my thoughts dissolved into the foggy stillness of a dream,a smile slowly plastered on my face.

Hey so I've always loved writing books and I figured let me try this out  and actually write and publish a book on Wattpad.
Please vote and tell me what you think of it in the comments 😂❣️