Prompt #3

Prompt: One of those funny childhood stories that are mentioned in CC or TSMGO. OHHHHH, like when Alexander said he pushed Scott down the stairs :D How did that go down? Or any other one but preferably that one XD

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

                “Bennett, that’s mine!” Alexander said, chasing after him.

                “Nu-uh!” Bennett said, hiding behind Alexander’s dresser. “Take it from me!”

                “Here,” Scott said, holding out his Nerf gun to Alexander. “Just take mine.”

                “Aw, Scotty, you’re no fun!” Bennett said, standing up with Alexander’s Nerf gun in his hand.

                “You guys always shoot me first anyways,” Scott said.

                “You’re slow,” Alexander said, and laughed.

                The three little boys sat down on the floor with their Nerf guns, reloading them. Bennett winked at Alexander before shooting Scott in the chest.

                Scott looked down as the bullet fell into his lap. “You guys suck.”

                “We should play outside! Scotty can try to hide and snipe us,” Alexander said.

                “He’ll still be too slow,” Bennett said.

                “I’m aiming for you first,” Scott said.

                “It’s nice out. Let’s play outside!” Alexander said.

                “Okay,” Bennett said, standing up with his gun. “But can we eat first? I’m hungry.”

                Their parents were all downstairs in Alexander’s kitchen, talking about boring adult things. The boys had been playing with their guns and other toys upstairs for a few hours, entertaining themselves.

                “Yea, I’m hungry too,” Alexander said, also standing up.

                Scott slowly got to his feet, nodding in agreement. The three of them moved towards the stairs, shouldering each other to get through the door first.

                “You’re pushing me!” Bennett said, shoving Alexander forward as they moved towards the stairs.

                “I didn’t mean to!” Alexander said, shoving him back. Bennett stumbled into Alexander.

                “Leave me out of this,” Scott said, reaching over and lightly shoving Alexander.

                They three began to go down the stairs, and Alexander nudged his shoulder into Scott’s back to get him back for pushing him. But inside, Scott lost his balance.

                The boy stumbled forward and yelped as he lost his footing. Scott crashed down the stairs, hitting the bottom with an audible thump and a pained yell.

                “Scotty!” his mom cried, rushing into the room with the adults following.

                “What happened?!” Alexander’s father asked, looking up at Alexander and Bennett.

                “He just fell!” Bennett said.

                Alexander, feeling horribly guilty, nodded. “Yea, he just fell!”

                “You clumsy idiot!” Mrs. Anderson said, hugging Scott to herself. “Are you hurt?”

                “Mom!” he cried, his eyes watering as he hugged her. “That hurt!”

                She lifted Scott into her arms and carried him out of the room to inspect his injuries. Bennett and Alexander went down the rest of the stairs, looking after Scott and his mom anxiously.

                “Will he be okay, dad?” Alexander asked.

                “I think so. I think it just scared him and bruised him a little,” Mr. Sullivan said with a frown. “You boys need to be more careful on the stairs! You could get seriously hurt if you’re not careful on them!”

                Bennett and Alexander hung their heads and nodded. They went out to the living room, where Mrs. Anderson was calming Scott down.

                “Something hit me and I lost my balance!” Scott was saying, clearly upset.

                Alexander blushed. “Are you okay, Scotty?”

                Scott wiped at his eyes and nodded. Alexander tried not to look too guilty, despite how bad he felt. He hadn’t meant to knock Scotty down the stairs like that…