old friend?

Dess pov

I was standing on the balcony of our new place smoking a blunt. I was just thinking. How did I go from being one of the top drug dealers to being on the run to protect someone I didn't even like? Jayda has become a big part of my life and with her father I know it will be hard to get her away from them. I never really wanted out the game but if it can help further my relationship with Jayda then I would have to make that sacrifice.  I have always wanted to grow in the real estate area, and to be honest Texas is perfect for that. 

"babyyyyyy" Jayda said hugging me from behind. 

"yes" I said then I took a drag of my blunt. 

"can we go shopping today? I have literally nothing to wear and being that we are in a whole new state I have to outdo these bitches."

I just rolled my eyes at her. cause why she think everything is a competition. 

"sure"

"you good?" she said as she walked around and stood in front of me. I looked down at her as she placed her hands around my neck. I didn't say anything I just looked into her eyes.

She tried to stare as long as possible, but she broke away "damnit dess I hate when you do that shit making me all nervous. you know I hate eye contact.' she said laughing. 

I couldn't help but laugh at her cause she can never look me in my eyes. 

Few hours later 

I was following Jayda around as we literally bought out the whole fucking mall. I thought I could shop but this girl takes shopping to a whole another level. 

"girl are you almost done all these bags heavy af" I called out to Jayda cause I saw she was about to enter another store. 

"aww poor baby you too weak to carry all the ba....gs" she said but she had noticed something that made her whole demeanor change.

I looked in the direction she was staring at and she saw a dude with some dreads and in all black. 

I turned back to Jayda and she was still staring at him. "jayda"

"we should go." she said and then she walked off. 

What the fuck?

I sped walk to catch up with her because she was damn near running out this mall. 

"whats wrong? do you know him or something?" I asked her but she kept walking. We finally made it to the parking garage. I unlocked the doors and she got in immediately as I put the bags in the trunk. I got in the car and I wasn't going to pull off till I get answers from her. 

"Jayda talk to me."

"im just never going to escape my past am I?"

"what are you talking about? you know that guy?"

"yea but umm he's just an.......old friend"

"an old friend? thats it?"

I started the car and drove out of the parking garage and back to our apartment cause the way Jayda reacted ain't no way that just some old friend. 

Jayda pov

The next day

"meet me @2" *location sent*

I looked over this message for the 100th time as I waited outside of the spot. It was damn near impossible to leave the apartment without Dess but she went to sleep and I saw my chance. I shouldn't even be here but I couldn't resist.