chapter one - subspace

Harry was going mad.

Harry and Y/N were hanging out at Y/N's place on a lovely Friday night. Y/N was on the couch and Harry was in the kitchen, watching the movie playing on the TV from there as he waited for the popcorn in the microwave to finish popping. He jumped a little when he heard the loud beep that told him that the popcorn was done, turning around to take the piping hot bag out of the microwave. He carefully opened the bag, steam coming out from the opening before he poured it into the big bowl on the kitchen counter.

He popped one single piece of popcorn into his mouth before walking back to Y/N, sitting down beside her while putting the bowl in between them so they could share. Y/N kept her eyes trained on the TV, quite enjoying the movie Harry had picked. She had a soft blanket tossed over her legs, keeping her warm.

Why was Harry going mad?

Y/N's voice was addicting, really. To Harry, it was. She had such a voice that was so syrupy and silky smooth, enough to make him melt into a little puddle beneath her feet. Her voice was like a melody, truly. Harry loved it to say the least. Was that weird? Surely it wasn't. Her voice was like a coo. It was so soft and gentle whenever she spoke to him, and it never failed to make his cheeks go a little pink. He simply couldn't help it. She also called him endearing little nicknames, simply just because she wanted to. She was like that, she was always sweet to people, no matter what.

She was making him go mad.

Harry and Y/N weren't best friends, per say, he had a couple friends he knew more than her. But they were friends nonetheless. They hung out because they felt comfortable with each other. They liked having fun together.

The movie was close to finishing before Y/N laid her head on Harry's shoulder. She ate the last bits of popcorn, happy with how the movie ended as the credits started playing on the screen.

"That was good." Y/N got up, taking the empty bowl to the kitchen sink to wash later, "Should let you choose the movie more. Everytime I choose, you complain." She laughed before sitting back down next to Harry.

"I don't." Harry murmured.

"You okay? Something bothering you?" Y/N asked Harry, her eyes softening as she looked at him, "Did you not like the movie?" She joked, pulling the blanket further up her body.

Harry had accidentally slipped into a floaty headspace because of Y/N. The one that made him feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Harry couldn't help it. Her tone was so... caring, and he liked that. Things like that made him slip deeper under. Harry's cheeks had gone pink, unsure of what to say to her.

"I'm in subspace, I think." Was that what he was supposed to tell her? He wasn't even sure if he actually was.

Y/N liked how shy Harry was. She didn't really know why, she just liked it.

Y/N had dabbled in a bit of that BDSM stuff. Of course she was educated and knew everything she needed to know about BDSM. She had realized she had liked being the dominant in that Dominant/Submissive thing, or whatever it was called. She had tried it with a couple people, and had even made a few of them go into subspace! Her first time coaxing someone out of subspace of course wasn't perfect, but she liked to think that she did a good job. She made the person feel cared for.

"Feeling a bit fuzzy, 'dunno." Harry said, dusting off the non-existent dust on his pants.

Fuzzy? What did that mean?

"Fuzzy? Can I get you anything? Water?" She asked him, sitting up.

"No, no." Harry replied, shaking his head.

Unless... Unless fuzzy meant... He was in subspace?

"Oh, love. Are you feeling a bit fuzzy? Bit floaty?" She asked him softly, hoping she wasn't overstepping.