chapter four - that feels... new?

"Can you try this for me?" Y/N took a bit of sauce in the wooden spoon she was using, holding it up for Harry to taste. She had tried it herself and since they were making a meal for both of them to eat, she wanted to make sure Harry liked it too.

Harry leaned in and tasted a bit of the sauce, looking at her as the flavors danced on his tongue.

"It's good." He nodded and Y/N smiled, making Harry laugh a little.

One thing about Y/N was that she was a great cook. She absolutely adored cooking. She liked to cook her own meals and sometimes did it to just release some stress. She liked to bake too, she liked all things in the kitchen. Harry though... was not so much a great cook. He didn't cook often and when he did it was not that good of a meal. He was glad he and Y/N were helping each other because if he did all of this he was bound to probably spill something since he was quite clumsy.

"You're a good cook."

"Thank you, I know."

•••

"Notting Hill?" Y/N looked at Harry with a bowl of pasta in one hand and the TV remote in the other. They had been scrolling on Netflix, taking a while to find something they liked. They had been eating dinner on the couch too, to make themselves more comfortable.

"Yeah, yeah. That's good." He nodded after swallowing down some pasta, really astonished by how good it was. It tasted amazing, quite possibly the best meal he'd had the whole week. He was eating it quickly too, not able to help himself from such a delicious meal. He was already starting to like Y/N's cooking, it was surely better than his own.

And so they sat beside each other as they ate and watched quietly, Harry secretly reciting a couple of the lines from the movie in his head while Y/N secretly did the same too. It was nice. They both had nothing to do that night and they seemed okay with spending the night with each other. They had grown closer with each other, which they were both thankful for because the other to them was interesting. They both liked spending time with each other now.

"I live in Notting Hill, you live in Beverly Hills. Everyone in the world knows who you are. My mother has trouble remembering my name."

"Fine. Fine, good decision. Good decision... The fame thing isn't really real, you know. And don't forget, I'm also just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her."

Harry finished his bowl of pasta a while ago and had put it on the short coffee table in front of them, now leaning back against the couch as he watched quietly. He glanced at Y/N ever so often, noticing the small little smiles that would come up onto her face as she watched the scenes play on the screen. He quite liked this movie as well, having watched it a couple of times already.

Y/N decided to stop holding the bowl in her hand and placed it on the coffee table as well, glancing at Harry before scooting a bit closer to him. She delicately placed her hand on his thigh, rubbing softly before taking it back.

Harry couldn't help but blush at the simple gesture, gulping quietly before continuing to watch the movie. It was close to ending, only about fifteen minutes left of content. He glanced down at her lap where she had put her hand back, bringing his own hand up to take hers, placing it back on his thigh. He kept his hand on top of hers for a couple seconds which made her chuckle a little, giving his thigh a gentle squeeze.

"You're cute." Y/N said quietly and Harry would be lying if his cheeks didn't get just a bit more pink.

Eventually Y/N dipped the tips of her fingers into his inner thighs, her movements subtle. She pretended as if she didn't even care and just continued on watching the movie, all while touching him softly. She knew Harry would get flustered. And she liked that. She liked seeing him flustered. Seeing his eyes go wide and his cheeks go pink was one thing that drove her mad about him.