chapter twenty-six: battle at liberty island part one

"Okay, guys. It could be any minute now." Peter told his two variants as he waited on top of the Statue of Liberty. "(Y/n)'s patrolling the city to look for them."

"Yup." The older Peter (TM) informed him as he started setting the anti-serums and cures up for the bad guys. "Almost done."

While waiting, the older Peter (TM) stopped by to be with the other Peter (AG). "You know, Max was like, the sweetest guy ever." The other Peter stated. "Before he fell into a... pool of electric eels."

The older Peter (TM) chuckled. "That'll do it." He started stretching but realized something was wrong with his back. "Oh. There it goes..."

"You okay?" The other Peter (AG) asked worriedly.

"My back." The older Peter (TM) replied. "It's kind of stiff from all the swinging, I guess."

"Oh, yeah, no, I got a little back pain, too."

"Really?"

"Yeah." The other Peter (AG) approached his older counterpart. "You want me to crack it?"

The older Peter (TM) stared at him for a moment, thinking about it. "Yeah." He nodded. "That would be great."

"Alright." The other Peter (AG) walked towards the older Peter (TM) and wrapped his arms around his torso. "You ready?"

"Yeah."

The other Peter began (AG) lifting him up and down, stretching his older self's back, and soon, they both heard a crack. "That's good."

"How is it?"

"Wow." The older Peter (TM) smiled as he stepped away and turned around to look at the other Peter (AG). "That's good."

"Right?"

"That's better."

"Yeah."

"Wow."

The other Peter (AG) sat down, his wholesome smile never leaving his face. "God, this is so cool." He breathed out. "I always wanted brothers."

The older Peter (TM) smiled down at him until the other Peter's (AG) face lit up as he thought of a question. "So you could like make your own web fluid in your body?" He asked excitedly.

The older Peter (TM) shook his head. "I'd rather not talk about this."

"No, I don't mean to—"

"Are you teasing me?"

"No, no, no." Peter, who was also curious about the topic, intervened in the conversation. "No, no, no. He's not teasing you." He defended. "It's just that... we can't do that, so naturally, we're curious as to how your web situation works. That's all."

The other Peter (AG) nodded, agreeing with his younger self. "If it's personal, I don't wanna pry. It's cool."

The older Peter (TM) sighed. "No. I wish I could tell you, but it's like, I don't do it..." He began to stutter as he didn't know how to explain it clearly. "Like I don't... like, I don't do breathing. Like, breathing just happens."

"Woah." The other Peter (AG) gasped.

"Like, does it just come out of your wrists, or..." Peter hesitated to ask but did it anyway. "...does it come out of anywhere else?"

The other Peter (AG) stared at Peter before tilting his head to wonder. The other Peter (TM) glanced at the youngest Peter. "Only... only the wrists."

"You never had a web block?" The other Peter (AG) asked. "Cause I run out of webs all the time. I had to make my own lab. And it's a hassle."