Out of Order

Welcome to my (one of my) novella entries for ONC 2022! I shouldn't be writing this many stories at once, but here we are, and I've been sitting on the idea of participating in ONC this year for the first time for quite some time. Out of Order as well as my other entry, Death Meet Cute will be two entries I've decided to use for ONC. Feel free to check both of them out, as well as other amazing entries people will be submitting for ONC this year!

Open Novella Contest 2022:

The goal is to write a 20k-40k novella in 3 months using one or more of the provided prompts from OpenNovellaContest's list of prompts.

Prompt 47: "You're attracted to a well-dressed person sharing your elevator while you are being late to reach the office. You could never think how to initiate a conversation and hence ignore each other until your elevator gets stuck on the 70th floor and blacks out." [Tweaked for this novella]

Prompt 75: "A new project is assigned to you which you readily accept since it will give a boost to your work experience. But things go wrong when you meet the person behind the idea of this project." [Loosely based on this]

Prompt 96: "Was this a game to you?"

Blurb:

When Logan Corbett, the new marketing team's leader shows up late to work over a forgotten power cord, he fears his career is done for. Having only transferred to the Los Angeles office from New York only a couple of months ago, Logan fears the reputable and infamously intimidating CEO, Callum Dawson, will question his expertise and hinder the project's funding altogether.

Callum Dawson, on the other hand, just wants the rumors and dating scandals to end. After his brutal divorce, Callum swore off dating both men and women, hoping to never get his hopes up again over a love interest. But things flip upside down when the newest employee shows up and happens to be exactly his type.

After a chance encounter with a fault elevator, Callum and Logan find it a challenge to distance themselves from each other. Will this end in a ruinous scandal, or something more?

Playlist:

https://open.spotify.com/playlist/5PrCmhxZzFUfBzRIZfd7GC?si=826d1086c40a49eb

[Attached in embedded links, or search for Out of Order (look for the cover)]