SIX- LE PÂTISSERIE

The more you wake your senses the greater you see life in all its aspects. It has different flavours and different hues; different forms and different textures. The differences are vast and one thing that is substantial is the volume of your understanding... by choosing how you take the effect seriously.

Sent.

"Hey, Cecile! Did you hear about the newly opened le pâtisserie?

"Nope! Sorry, Sandy... Too busy here keeping up with these piles of letters from my subscribers. If you're planning to drag me downtown there's no possibility that I could come with you. I'm afraid I have to stay here OT."

Without looking her way, I kept on tapping through my keyboard. I was seriously busy to join her in our usual mid-morning wisecrack.

"Too bad! It said that the grand opening promo will last 'til tomorrow."

"You can ask Ced, surely he'll not decline you. Or maybe even better if you ask Claire. Perhaps there's a new boy in town to entertain you both."

She didn't respond. Odd... I peeked above the computer screen and our eyes met.

"What?"

"Let me guess, Cecilia... You're jealous aren't you?"

"Jealous?? Of what?"

"You mean of who. You're jealous of Claire, right? You don't like her sticking with me."

"I didn't say anything about it. And why would I be so envious if you're enjoying her company? It is a healthy thing you expand your circle."

"Are you sure about that?"

"Of course! You see, I am no fun. In fact, I'm a kill joy. If you stick with me all throughout your life, you'll gonna rot. Now go ahead, ask her to accompany you down this newly opened pastry shop and effortlessly you'll gonna earn her solid yes! That is if your invitation is backed up with your hanky-panky guy hunting."

She stood up and turned around.

"Okayyy Cecile! GTG... Seems like someone here is off the mood.

She walked away. She left me hanging, wondering if I said something that was out of the question. Did I? I mean, I was being honest. What I said earlier was a fact.

What went wrong then?

I resumed my full attention in my work. The day seemed like I was destined to be submitted under an arduous duty to fulfill. As much as I wanted to stay in my work table to finish everything in one go, I had to pause and attend a meeting in our conference hall and it seemed like a punishment for acting so lazily these past few days. What was there to confer about, I had no idea. The only thing that was preoccupying me at the time being was the possibility of stalling my assignments but then I could have had even overlooked on it if there was so much riveting to expect from the small conference that we will be having soon. There must have been a grander objective at bay.

----------------0----------------

I was so much against being interrupted from my work without gaining any valuable insight why exactly we were being held in the hall, waiting for... Wait! Why the hell were we waiting for too long?

"Hey, Cecilia... Guess like there is something so important to expect today, huh."

Cedric approached me and whispered behind trying not to become too obvious about his own fuss in the matter. That said, I had to reply him in the same manner as his.

"Nothing that I know of unless I am being left behind by rumours."

"You're not the only one, trust me. Everyone here is cluelessly waiting and perhaps too consumed by mute whining--"