The End

I'm sitting on the edge of the tub in the bathroom of me and Rashad new place, right leg shaking fast as fuck, holding this pregnancy test that I just ran and got from the corner store. Rashad isn't here, he's out getting us some wings and shit. "What if this shit is positive?" "I don't really want a baby right now" I thought to myself. I'm only twenty years old, I want to travel and make money while I'm young. "How will I tell Rashad?" "Does he even want a kid?" Shit, shit the test is loading. I see one line.. damn and there's the other. I really am pregnant. Just as the test finishes, I hear the front door, it must be Rashad coming in. I quickly tuck the test in my back pocket and wash my hands. I come out the bathroom and head towards the kitchen, Rashad is already in there. "We need to talk" I said. "About?" Rashad questioned. "This" I said as I smack the test on the countertop. "What is this?" He asked. "A baby nigga, I'm pregnant!" With a puzzled look on his face he asks "pregnant?" "When did you even get a test?" "That doesn't matter now does it?" I said. "Why you being so hostile?" He asked. "I don't know, I'm probably just hungry." I say as I open the box of honey garlic wings he brought back for me. "Well!? What you want to do?" I ask, as he's still staring at the test blankly. "I'm not gone lie to you, we getting low on funds so I don't think a baby really the move right now." "How much an abortion cost?" He asked nervously. "An abortion?" I said. "Did this nigga really just ask me for an abortion?" I thought to myself. "First of all, what do you mean low on funds?" I questioned. "What do you mean Taty? We been blowing this shit left and right, this BIG ASS HOUSE, another whip, designer shit, jewelry, we blew it!" "Damn nigga you ain't make no investments?" "Invest in what? the fuck" he said angrily. I just smacked my lips and walked away. "Taty!" He yelled. I slam the bedroom door. I hear him mumbling and talking shit outside, but I don't care. How could he not have us set up? I know he didn't think that money would last forever. I start thinking, trying to make a game plan. I got 9 months, but that shit ain't long enough. We need money to be able to afford all this expensive shit, plus a baby; because little do Rashad know, I'm not getting rid of it. "So what the fuck can I do?" I thought to myself. As I sit here weighing my options Rashad come in. "We need to figure this out together, stop being childish Taty!" He said demandingly. "Childish?" I questioned with a chuckle of disgust. "Yea, childish." He said quickly. "Look if you came in here just to get on my nerves, you can leave." I said annoyingly. "I'm sorry, this shit just hit me out of nowhere." He said. "But listen, I know you don't want to hear this, but there's a new club that just opened up around the way. "You could probably dance there and make some fast money." I look at Rashad in complete disgust. "You can't be serious." I said. "Come on Taty, the shit that happened before ain't never gone happen again, you know that!" He said while trying to persuade me. "We need the money Taty, I promise I got you." "Do it before you start showing...your body is banging and look at that face, a guaranteed bag!" I let out a big sigh, "that nigga Big Roach is dead." I thought to myself. Plus I've seen the money those dancers make. "Will you be there whenever I go?" I ask worriedly. "I got you Taty, I got us." He says as he stands up, kisses me while rubbing my stomach. I roll my eyes and push him off me. I put on that rhinestone outfit and head out the door. I knew which club he was talking about because we passed by it a few times while it was being built 'King of Diamonds'. It's about 10 minutes from our place, I make it there around noon and head inside. It's bigger than I expected, so I just more bitches would be here trying out. I never danced professionally so I had no idea what I was capable of. I make my way to the bar just to sit down and scope out the place. It looked pretty cool. I walk around a little, when I bumped into this man. He stood about 6'0, light skinned and kinda of sassy. "Well, hello Ms.thang, how can I help you?"! He said with a smile on his face and arms crossed. "I want to dance here" I said very smug. "Mm, well show me what you got." I do a few little twerks and end with a split. "You're hired! You start tonight. He said. "Wear that or something similar, I'll see you tonight!" As he walks away I'm standing there eyebrows raised and in complete shock. "So that's it!?" I yelled. "See you tonight!" He said while continuing to walk away. I go home and tell Rashad the "good" news. He's stoked of course; and I'm nervous as shit. "I gotta dance tonight." I said to myself. I lay under Rashad til about ten o'clock. I shower, get dressed, then we leave. "You looking good baby, just like when I first saw you." Rashad says while driving to the club. "Ugh, stop bringing that night up please!" I say in complete disgust. We make our way to the club and go right inside. It's a Saturday night so it's pretty packed on the inside. I see the others dancers on the poles doing shit I could never imagine to do. "I'm not about to make no money" I thought to myself. I make it to the locker room and change. The light skinned man make his way back there looking like somebody bougie auntie. "What's your stage name Ms.thang?" He asks while looking directly at me. "Uhh, Diamond." I said. "Diamond huh, well you better shine tonight baby" he said as he walks away. "Basic ass name" he mumbled under his breath. Not even ten minutes go by before I hear "LADIES AND GENTLEMAN PLEASE WELCOME TO THE STAND OUR NEWEST EDITION DIAMOOOOND!" I gasp and fix my hair quickly. I head to the floor and hear 'Body party' by Ciara playing, bringing me back to that night Rashad followed me home. "What are the odds this plays on my set" I thought to myself. I look around at everyone watching me & I start breathing hard as fuck. I do some turns around the pole and stop. "Oh fuck, I feel sick" I thought to myself right before I threw up all over the stage. I ran to the locker room crying. I knew I couldn't do this! Why would I let that nigga Rashad convince me otherwise. I leave out the club under the radar and call Rashad to meet me by the car. "What happened baby?" He questioned. "I can't do this" I said while shaking my head. "Think about the baby Taty." He said while holding my shoulders, and looking me in the eyes. After some time I go back inside & try again. I killed my set that time and left later that morning with $2,800. It was a DAMN good night. "I could get use to this." I said to myself while looking down at all my money. I go back night after night for months, damn, I'm really a bottle girl turned stripper.

The End.