Author's note

Welcome to my story for ONC 2022, 'The Curse-breakers of Avondor'!

The prompt I chose is number #32: 'One of the scouts has spotted a large herd that is headed directly at your settlement. How do you deal with the threat?'

Do you like high fantasy? Do you like reading stories about the zombie apocalypse? Then you've absolutely come to the right place, for this story combines both of those! I've written contemporary fantasy before, but never something like this, so it's a tad out of my comfort zone, but who cares? I'm going to try something new and have fun!

So, fantasy zombie apocalypse. Here's the blurb, for those of y'all who skipped that:

'For two months, the Avondorian Mountains have been a safe haven. Now, that's about to change. When a scout returns to Anahill with a disturbing message, Audren, the freshly-inaugurated Lord of the Mountains, finds himself faced with a challenge: The Cursed will reach the city within days.

Undead, highly dangerous and hungry for human flesh, the Cursed are creatures not to be messed with. Audren refuses to let them slaughter his people and turn them into monsters. He sees only one way to save his home: Breaking the curse that started this terror. Teaming up with a grumpy student mage, Audren ventures into hostile territory. But can this curse even be broken?'

Does that sound interesting? I sure hope it does. If you're still here and wishing to see what I create, take a seat and have a cookie, we're in for a good time!

Here's a little map I made for this story. Please don't mind my severe lack of experience with these things:

Finally: If you are reading this story on any site other than Wattpad, that means it has been put there without my consent

Finally: If you are reading this story on any site other than Wattpad, that means it has been put there without my consent. I (bigfivedonaldduckfan) have published it on Wattpad and Wattpad only; if you're reading this on a mirror site, get out of there, before you get infected with some sort of malware.

Now, with that out of the way, how about we head to the prologue then, huh? Enjoy!