Ch 12. The Grievance of a King

Neil's Notes: Heyo! Hope you are ready for a long and very exciting Chapter. I tried some new stuff in this chapter, this is the longest chapter released to date. Lots of impactful moments today. I've been dying to write this chapter since I started the book. So don't forget to follow the series, vote, and comment it would mean a lot! With that all out of the way I present Chapter 13 The Grievance of a King.

Updates every Thursday at 7 PM EST.

Content Warning: Swearing, Theft, Violence, Drug Use, Blood, Gore, Graphic Depictions of Violence, Body Horror, and Sexual undertones.

~Zelan~

It's been a while since I've gone to the doctor with Milo since he goes so often. His doctor is always calling Milo in for inspections so I don't normally accompany him. This time however due to the state of his injuries and my own involvement in the incident I feel that I should accompany him besides the doctor always takes some of Milo's blood so he's pretty exhausted after every visit.

Mom drives us and Genesis to the doctor's office to make Milo's appointment at the hospital on time. She was emphasizing how we can't be late because the doctor is making an opening in his schedule to fit in Milo's appointment. Genesis is sitting up front with mom while I make sure Milo doesn't get jostled around too much. Right now he's passed out on a cocktail of pain pills while we drive up. He's got a pretty substantial limp and his shoulder is a fair source of pain but when Genesis and Mom changed his bandages this morning his injuries looked much better, whatever mixture of those powders Exodus used definitely helped.

Mom has been chewing me and Milo a new one all morning. She went so far as to threaten to track us to keep us in line. Genesis was happily chillin' in the front seat happy as a lark to be going to the hospital. For reasons unknown he enjoys going to the hospital, he treats it like an amusement park the way he gets all excited whenever we have to go there. So thanks to that Mom was engaging in a dialogue with him trying to uncover why he likes it so much.

"So Gen honey, what's your favorite part of the hospital?" Mom asks, watching as Genesis bobs his head from side to side to the hum of the car.

Genesis looks up towards the sky doodling his finger towards a cloud in the skyline. "The Pharmacy." He says in a quiet muted tone.

Genesis, always a man of few words, don't really get him that much but he likes to vibe and build stuff. His biggest fascination is medicine or mechanics he takes any opportunity to do either of those two. Most of us think he has OCD but Mom doesn't think so, she's convinced us there is a method to Genesis's brand of madness that we just haven't figured out yet.

Mom nods hearing Genesis's response."Oh, what about the Pharmacy do you like?" My personal bet on his answer is the nurses or their organization of all the medicine and tools.

Genesis plays with the passenger mirror. "The pill counting machine, and the wall." Mom and I share a small glance of perplexion listening to his answer.

Amelia nods in a feigned understanding of Genesis's comment on the wall. Before mom can continue her line of questioning the Hospital pull into view. The stone building jutting out of the ground emblazoned with the purple and black Mather's Group logo on the side. It's a very aesthetically pleasing building rather than just the grey stone of most hospitals Mather's Group prefers to make buildings with a clean look to them. In this case, the hospital is coated in a reflective white paneling that looks like the building was made of laminated paper.

The Morenhill hospital is eight floors each floor separated by a wall of reflective black glass that catches the light in interesting ways displaying reflections of light across the city in varied colors. It's fairly close to the ocean coast where some of the largest Mather's Group buildings are. Including the largest structure in the city the Obsidian Monolith. An enormous structure dwarfing all others in the city standing at an incredible 2000ft tall. The structure serves as the global headquarters for Mathers Group and the personal home of Markus Mathers, Milo's father.