Ch 16. The Mother of All Worms

Neils Notes: Heyo! This is a really rowdy chapter with our boys facing a colony of Gizza-Rath! I definitely recommend getting yourself a nice beverage for this one. In other news, I'm happy to announce that in the future I will be making read-along videos in an audiobook style with some added cinematic sound design and potentially some artwork for each chapter! The Audio chapters would be read by yours truly and released on YouTube. I'll begin the process of creating these Audio chapters in the coming weeks so stay tuned for that and comment any suggestions.

An additional announcement is that Sons of Morenhill will at its conclusion be edited to become a more full and linear story as this story is in what I would call the rough draft phase, I wanted to publish each chapter as I went along on my journey of writing it. I will say there may or may not be a prequel series in the works along with some other projects that are being considered. So with all that out of the way don't forget to Vote, Comment on the chapter and follow the series to stay updated!

Content Warning: Swearing and Violence, slight body horror.

~Kil~

Exodus's words rang through the air as the earth shook fiercely. Buildings around us exploded as Gizza-Raths burrowed their way out from the ground. Some launch themselves into the sky taking flight blotting out the sun with their serpentine shadows. Zelan reacts first and immediately grabs Amelia and bolts into the sky flying far far away.

Luci and Astra immediately manifest weapons as the Serpents begin their assault on the town. The two of them leap into action attacking one of the Serpents together cleaving a section of flesh out of the 60ft beast. Wounding it enough for it to release a torent of acidic spray towards them. Luci hurls Astra out of the spray's range before teleporting in a flash of blue out of its trajectory. Astra takes a moment to raise his hands and the buildings follow his movements as he forces the battlefield to constrict around the throat of one of the monsters. 

Luci takes the moment to call down a bolt of blue chaotic lightning that strikes the exposed throat of the awful creature blowing its head to pieces. Their victory is quickly soured as three more of the monsters burst from the ground in a frenzy. Isaac shakes me from my shock taking my attention. "Kil, go help Exodus, get Angela and Milo out of here. Exodus and Nellis don't have the firepower to handle this many. You have my permission to use your bloodlust. I'll handle things here with Luci and Astra. Now GO!"

I don't take but a second to launch myself into the air catching the attention of multiple serpents. The Gizza-Raths flap their putrid wings propelling themselves from the ground with tremendous force. Watching building-sized Kaiju take flight in pursuit of you is definitely an I wish I wore brown pants kind of moment. By my count, I have gained the ire of seventeen of the beasts.

It's at this moment that I realize the feeling I felt earlier was the destructive urge to challenge these monsters, it was all focused on the singular individual that I encountered, I unleashed a disproportionate amount of strength on a lesser opponent because I could feel the true depths of their destructive capabilities hiding below us. The Bloodlust consumed me, and I can feel the swirling static fill my body once again this time focused on the true threat.

I can feel the dark power roll across my body like an arctic tide. My eyes roll back with feral intent before filling with energized rage. Crimson plasma tears run down my cheeks as the chaotic energy forms into a weapon of pure destructive power. Red plasma explodes from my eyes as I soar through the air the first of the Insectoid Serpents explodes into a shower of grey-green biomatter that rains down on its brethren.

Astra is hurled by Luci into one of the creatures and cleaves it in twain with a single strike from his greatsword as he arcs through the sky spinning with reckless abandon. Tempering my attacks as to not hurt Luci or Astra I focus on an ability that I pray I have. If Zelan can do it I should be able to just as well if not better. I really hope I can fly otherwise I'm going to have to rip and tear my way through the city to get to Exodus's group.