Chapter 4

"This is...." Just as I expected. Caroline went out of the sportscar. There were only a few cars around. The underground parking was located under one of the Vidali's luxury resort and casino by the Crystal South Beach.

Caroline remembered one of Marco's hideaway pad at the underground of Vidali International Corp. Main Building in the business center of the city. It was like this. Hidden from sight, tightly guarded, but still luxurious inside.

"So where's the magic door that leads to the master's suite?" She looked around. There was no door. It looked like a normal underground parking.

"No babydoll. We're going up." Marco locked the car and check the busted tail lights. That's gonna cost, but considering that he makes over a million dollar per transaction of Tri, it's easier to buy a new car.

"Up? Like, to a real penthouse?" Caroline was now impressed.

"Nope." He answered popping the 'p'. They walked in to the elevator. "I told you, we're going to paradise."

"Why do I feel uneasy with that word?" Caroline watched Marco carefully as he pressed for the lobby. "Your type of paradise seems to be hell."

"You know what? All I seem to get from you are insults. You should be thankful of me, woman." Marco was facing Caroline and her many reflections in the mirrors surrounding them in the enclosed elevator. "I just saved your sorry asš. Don't I deserve atleast a thank you kiss?" he sounded pissed but Caroline knew better.

"Ummm..." He has a point. "Thank you..." she whispered, though it sounded more like a question.

"That won't do babydoll." Marco shook his head slowly. The evil Vidali smirk is etched on his sinfully handsome face. He missed her so much. He cornerned her with both his hands at either side of her face. She clutched the bag tighter between them. "Give me a thank you kiss Cara Mia." he was seducing her.

Caroline wanted to disappear. She wondered what she did in her lifetime to deserve all this bad luck. He was teasing her again. She felt flush with the close promixity.

"Carolina," there goes her name. "Do I deserve a thank you kiss?" he asked. This always got her. For a brief moment she stared at his eyes and chastely kissed the corner of his jaw. It was a weak spot she knew so well.

"I kissed you already. Can you like move far far away?" she collected her crumbling self.

Marco was worse than his previous self. He looked stiff and incredibly serious, almost angry. Caroline was confused. Did she do something wrong? Something offensive?

"Carolina. Kiss me." His dark gaze was growing darker. As if gravity was pulling her to him. He touched her face, letting his hand wander around. He looked at her as if he could see her soul. The pull, the want, the attraction keeps on getting stronger and she did as she was told. If it was another man doing this to her, she'd have their balls crushed in her palms right now, but no. This man was Marco Vidali and he knows her. He owned her. He knew everything there is to know about her.

She kissed him passionately. It was soul-consuming, like they were both pouring their every emotion in that one kiss. Hands were wandering, tongues were exploring, and hearts were beating fast.

The elevator bell rang, informing that they were finally at the lobby. Marco groaned. Just one more bell to interrupt him and he'll lose it.

"I know you'll kiss me." Marco winked at Caroline's red face. He knew she'll kiss him. She falls for the Angry Marco trick everytime. Caroline did a facepalm. She does fall for it everytime.

For a last second he hugged her tight and kissed her forehead. He missed her like the night always waiting for the morning. 4 years of pitch black night, now he could feel her warmth. He let go just in time as the people rush in.