The Mothers' Love

Now the bigger task was put in front of her. Bhanu informed her that Satyabhama was quite anger, and from the knowledge she had, she knew it would be a task to pacify her. She took her Bhanu Bhrata along with her, because his soothing words, might melt their mother's heart.
In front of the door stood Satyabhama's head chellikatha (maid) Ratnam.
" Can you please let Satya Ma know that I would like to talk to her?" She requested Ratnam, who nodded and entered the room. Mridula looked again at Bhanu who blinked in reassurance.
" I am sorry Rajkumari. Dwarkeshwari Satyabhama Devi has dented your request." Ratnam informed. Mridula sighed in frustration, she had to talk to her mother immediately. Mridula looked at Ratnam in the eye and continued to walk into her mother room, while her brother followed.
" Ma!" She hollered scanning the room. She finally stopped Satyabhama staring out of her balcony. She quickly made her way next to her smiling.
" Ma I've been waiting to meet you all week!" She exclaimed, but her mother still didn't turn around.
" Acha then why did you have to take permission to enter my room?" Satyabhama questioned turning around.
" Arey Ma! How can I just bargin into your room like that." Mridula argued. Satyabhama took her hand and replied. " A daughter should never need to ask permission to enter their mother room." Mridula nodded smiling.
" Now I heard you have been skipping meals and haven't eaten all day. Is that how we raised you Avni? To be carless and not care about your health? First you fall and now this. I am telling you if I find out one more time that you are being careless you will regret it missy. Am I clear?" Satyabhama warned in a tone that she probably has never used with even Bhanu.

" Yes Mata, I am sorry!" Mridula apologized and Satyabhama nodded smiling a little.  "Come now  let's all have dinner!" her Satya Mata exclaimed. Satyabhama ordered the maids to bring dinner into her room and feed both of her children with her own hands. Mridula took a small morsel and fed her mother and took another one for her brother. Both of them smiled at her, but Bhanu had a unnoticed tear slip from his eye. Bhanu and Mridula bid goodnight to their mother.

" Avni, we should also visit our other mothers. They have been waiting to talk to you once you recover." Her brother informed and she nodded her head in excitement. They first visited their Kalindi Mata who feed them both Besan Laddus. Then they went to meet Mitravinda who had Kheer (Indian pudding) for the both of them. The next stop was to their mother Jambavanti's room who lovingly feed both her children Guava. From Nagnajiti's hands they had Misti Doi (one of Krishna's favorite desserts). Their Bhadra Ma feed them both fresh Mangos. In Lakshmana Mata's room they had Haldi Dhood (turmeric milk). Finally they their Rukmini Ma, where Krishna was also present. 

" Mani, I got this Pulavo specially made for you!" Rukmini exclaimed feeding a bit to her daughter. Like she did to all her mother Mridula took a morsel and feed Rukmini, then Bhanu and her Kakashree.
" Mridula tomorrow is going to be a big day for you. Go and rest now." Krishna requested.
" What is going to happen tomorrow Kakashree?" She asked, but Krishna just smiled without a reply. Knowing very well that she will just have to wait till the next day, she bid goodnight to both Krishna and Rukmini.

Stepping into the hallway a idea popped into Mridula's head.
" Bhanu Bhrata" she sweetly called. Bhanu looked over at his sister afraid of what idea might be cooking in her head.
" Shall we have some Makhan (butter)?" She asked smiling with excitement.
"Avni! How on earth could you possibly want more food! We had so much food just now! Does your stomach have no end?" He asked looking at his sister in shock.
" Bhrata you can never be too full for Makhan!" She argued. Arya has never had Makhan in her life before. However, when she had to stay in bed to rest her Kakashree sneaked in a little and she has been in love ever since!
" Avni you are going to get the both of us in trouble." Bhanu tried to argue.
" Bhrata, can't you do this for your sister!" Mridula dramatically asked leaving Bhanu helpless. They sneaked into the kitchen making sure no one saw them. The mother got the maids to tie or but the Makhan in the top shelves to keep it away from Krishna. Mridula grabbed a stool and slowly stood on it while Bhanu made sure it didn't move.
" Bhrata I am not able to reach it!" Mridula whined getting on her tippy toes hoping to touch the pot.
" Do something fast or get down before we get caught" Bhanu replied peaking at the hall. Her hands are just able to reach the opening of the pot, but she won't be able to bring it down. Mridula took out handfuls of Makhan and placed it in her dupatta. Before it could have the chance to leak she quickly got down. She smiled in excitement and placed some Makhan in Bhanu's hands as well. They both took a bite and smiled in satisfaction.
" What about my share?" a voice whispered. The turned around to see none other than the Makhan Chor himself. Krishna.
" Kakashree. How did you find us?" Mridula stammered.
" Someone is stealing butter and I wouldn't know?" Krishna laughed grabbing a morsel for himself.

Hey Loves!
How is this chapter! Let me know what you want to see next and what you enjoyed! Who is your favorite brother?

Lots of Love!
Lilmissbadtameez