Chapter Sixteen: clubs

~*~*~*~*~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~

April 2023

"Two more shots please." Valencia waved down the bartender once again, the man sending her a wink before speaking "Coming right up gorgeous". Natasha found herself laughing at the girl's impact, everywhere they went someone would try and hit on the brunette - proving her point with this being the third nightclub of the night and the fifth bartender to treat her this way. She understood why, Valencia was gorgeous, despite the fact she killed people for a living she managed to have a magnetizing presence that drew people in. One smile their way accompanied with a wink and anyone would fall under Valencia's spell. 

"Actually, on second thoughts, we'll take the bottle." Sending a wink back to the man Valencia slapped some cash down on the table, sliding it towards the bartender behind the counter. With a slight nod of his head the man left the bottle of tequila between the pair of young women, his mind not registering the fact that the redhead in her company was in fact The Black Widow. 

Valencia found herself smiling, knowing she had short changed the man and he would do nothing about it, she stood to her feet and dragged the redhead onto the dancefloor, drinking directly out of the bottle as they laughed together. "You're crazy Cia." Nat downed the alcohol with a smile on her lips, trying to remember the last time she had been so carefree with someone. 

Swaying her hips to the music the brunette found herself dancing on Natasha, the redhead's hands finding their way to her waist as they moved with the beat of the music. Both parties ignoring the excessive stares they were receiving from every man on the dancefloor, each one trying to come up with a plan to dance with the girls but each one also getting blatantly rejected before they could attempt to make a move. 

Valencia felt free, for once in her life her brain wasn't focused on who in the room would try to kill her, who she would have to murder in her place. This time her brain was settled, her mind concentrating on the movement of her body, the beat of the music being played in the background and the feeling of the alcoholic liquid sliding down her throat. The brunette lost the ability to get drunk when she activated the super soldier serum but that didn't stop her from enjoying the burn that came along with straight tequila.

The brunette couldn't wipe the smile off of her face, turning around so she was looking directly at Natasha, the redhead downing the liquid as her hips danced to the music simultaneously. The pair of assassins had spent their night laughing, celebrating life momentarily and dancing sexually together as they ignored life's problems. 

Natasha choosing to forget about the blip, the loss of her friends and the heavy weight that had fallen upon her shoulders when Tony took off with Pepper Potts. Valencia had chosen to forget about Elvira Hunt, the crumbling pressure of trying to fit into the Avengers lifestyle and her confusing feelings towards none other than Steve Rogers.