1. a cold winter sunrise

"we were clasped in the palms
of the padded snow beneath us."

you couldn't stand this weather, i knew it from the way you rubbed your hands together. maybe you didn't feel the warmth i was giving you; you kept the coldness inside of your lungs like how this snow hugged your feet.

look, there goes the sunrise dancing on the hill. don't you love that? don't you love the new beginning the world is giving us? i saw the way you nod your head, smiling ravisingly yet the tediosness roam in between it.

you said you were tired the last time we both sat here in this linen frigid ground. but here we are hand in hand together, looking up together, but it wasn't the same anymore.

there were some whispers in your eyes, i could hear them everytime. you could say you love me, but your eyes tell otherwise. you could say you want me to stay, you want me to touch you, you want me to hold you close. however, your eyes tell me that i will never be enough.

for a boy who told me that his lungs were filled with butterflies, you were wrong. you were filled with air and nothing more. there was nothing deeper than keeping you close. there was nothing deeper than sleeping next to you. there was nothing deeper than kissing you.

and there was nothing deeper than watching this sunrise with you.

don't you think?