Alex talks about college.

I decided not to mind the wallpaper for the moment and went back to the bed next to Karl. This is more important than that. Plus, more importantly, it just seems like it's a casual wallpaper to remember his five friends from college. Although the guy next to Karl was a little suspicious...

It's not really in my trait to snoop around people's personal belongings or to know secrets about them.

Plus, what's there to think about when the present is right in front of my eyes?

I held his hand again. I lay on the bed, facing him, memorizing his face while I have some time before he wakes up. He really did look more tired than he was in college. His eye bags were darker, and there were some dark spots on the side of his cheek. He also needed to shave a bit often. Only his haircut was well-kept as if it was his go-to haircut ever since he was a child. His face got a little rounder as well.

I wrapped my other arm around his waist.

Wrong move, though. He stirred, and our eyes met when he opened his eyes. I smiled at him and said, "Good morning."

"I-Is it really the morning?"

He grabbed his phone resting at the base of the window. He sighed in relief when he saw the time—8:31 PM.

"Why didn't you wake me up?" he said. "We should've eaten some dinner."

"I just woke up as well," I explained. "Besides, I like to stay longer here."

His eyebrows raised. "No can do. You're leaving tonight."

I made a cute pleading face. "Please?"

"Next time."

"Please?"

"Even your annoying face won't cut it."

"Just say cute next time."

"Ha-ha. No."

I pulled him closer instead. "Kiss?"

I thought he was gonna give in, but he pushed my face away and said, "Let's go grab some dinner instead."

---

Karl and I went to a place called Selinas, which is in front of Centtro Mall where I parked my car. We had to wait for a while to get some better seats, since most of the people who dined in were already finished. The place looked similar to an ancestral home—low ceiling, with wooden chairs, tables, and flooring. There was a big aquarium at our left side, and a row of 1x1 pictures of students to our right. We sat next to the wall, faraway from a group of friends dining in—honestly, the noise didn't bother me as they looked so fun and young that I don't want to be a killjoy for them.

"What should we order?" I asked. I was eyeing the foods on the menu—all of them are mostly homecooked meals, which I look forward to.

"What do you like—something new or something familiar?"

"I think I can go adventurous tonight."

So, he ordered this: a platter of Sinigang Rice which we'll both share, two Sisig platters, cheese sticks and onion rings, one Pork Sinigang, and two ripe mango shakes.

"Do you eat here often?" I asked. I surveyed my eyes to the photos hanging on the wall.

"Yes. This is one of my favorite restaurants in Elbi."

I pointed at the pictures. "Do you have one here?"

"Yes!" He pointed the frame behind him. I stood up to take a closer look. "There's me, Paula, and three of my friends lined up."