10 years later

10 years had passed since Mirabel had left the Encanto. 10 years since anyone other than Camilo (who always got letters and went to meet her in secret) and Antonio(Who got letters on his birthday) had any sort of contact with her. The Madrigals other than the two young boys (they already knew how amazing she was)who were now 25 and 15, realized how important Mirabel was. 

They all realized none of them knew how to sew and mend their clothes so they had to go to the town seamstress who took days to fix it as she was old and was down her only helper. They all had split Mirabel's chores around the house and since they had to go to town to do their own jobs, they all did her chores on Saturday, the only day they got off. Every single one of them was surprised how she did this all every day before 9 am on her own as they took half the day and they did it all together with the advantage of their powers.

Pepa had realized that she knew nothing about her youngest son as he was practically raised by Mirabel and Camilo to the point that he saw them as his parents. She had realized this about a year after Mira had left; She had been helping Antonio clear out his old stuff when he came across an old picture of Mirabel and him.

" Mama when is Mami going to come home"

"What do you mean Tonio? I am right here" Pepa asked still with her back to the 6-year-old.

" No you're Mama and she is Mami," Antonio said seconds away from tears.

Pepa turned around at the speed of light, a thunder cloud forming on her head.

"who in your Mami Hijo?" Pepa asked with jealousy laced in her voice.

"Mira!!"

Pepa looked like she had been slapped.

Suddenly the door opened and Camilo and Felix came into the room after hearing thunder clouds.

"Papi!!" A sobbing Antonio squealed and ran towards them.

Felix opened his arms for the little boy to came but Antonio passed him and ran over to Camilo.

Felix just stood there gaping.

"What happened Mijo?" Camilo said, gently rubbing his back in soothing circles.

"I want Mami!!" Antonio cried into Camilo's shoulder.

" But your Mami is righ-" Felix started but was cut off by Camilo.

"Don't worry Hijo you're Mami will return soon. She is just on a....uh... vacation! Yes, Vacation!" Camilo said plastering a fake smile on his face.

Dolores came in looking absolutely horrified. Of course, she heard everything with her powers.

Pepa looked stood up with her raining cloud and made her way out of Antonio's room.

"Antonio stay with your sister. Me, your Papa, and your hermano need to have a little chat!

Everyone can guess that the chat went horrible.

"WHY DOES MY SON AND YOUR BROTHER CALL YOU AND MIRABEL MAMI AND PAPI!"

"BECAUSER WE ARE HIS MOTHER AND FATHER BY EVERYTHING EXCEPT LEGALLY!"

"I BIRTHED HIM NOT MIRABEL!"

" YOU BIRTHED HIM BUT WE RAISED HIM! THE DAY HE WAS BORN YOU DUMPED HIM ON A 10 YEAR OLD! 10! SHE FED HIM AND BATHED HIM AND PUT HIM TO SLEEP! YOU DID NOT EVEN HELP HER AS YOU WERE ALWAYS TOO BUSY FOR YOUR OWN SON! THE ONLY PERSON WHO HELPED HER WAS ME! WE RAISED HIM LIKE HE WAS OUR OWN CHILD AND NOT OUR BROTHER OR COUSIN!"