Answers - Part 2

TW: Panic attacks and Mentions of Murder, Human trafficking, Panic Attacks, Rape and Drugs

"SHUT UP!" Camilo screamed.

Mirabel tried to slowly control her shaking breaths. 

The trauma one gained from being in a dysfunctional family for several long years affected even the strongest people. The Madrigal Family was an obvious example. 

But Mirabel taking the worst of it for 10 long years had affected her mental health irreversibly that not even 10 years away could fix it. This situation brought back a particular memory, one that her brain had locked away to preserve her stability.  

Glowing candle. Walking up the stairs. Fading door. Screaming. Crying. Locked up. Camilo.

Mirabel pushed away her memories as  Antonio put a comforting hand on her shoulder. She looked up at him and sent a small smile to him. She sent one to Camilo too for good measure as she was sure he would have found a way to kill the others with his thunderous glare itself. 

"What the Fuck was that?"  Isabela asked breathily, breaking the little family's bubble.

Mirabel had expected Alma to say it, but it looked like the old woman was too shell-shocked to say anything. 

The rest of the family also had the same expression on their face, even Dolores who was standing next to a concerned-looking Bruno. Mira sent Bruno a reassuring nod at which the old man relaxed, knowing she was fine.

Pepa was next to break, as she turned to Dolores again.

"DID YOU KNOW ABOUT THIS TOO!" She screamed, everyone half expecting thunder to appear. It did not.

"N-No Mama! I had no idea!" Dolores cried in defense.

As everyone silently turned toward Mirabel in question, the tension in the room was palpable.

Mira's lips curled into a smirk.

She spoke, looking at Alma dead in the eyes. "Turns out, Dear Madrigals, that I do have an gift after all."

Everyone looked at Mirabel in shock before Isabella started scowling. With a lift of her hand, vines with pink and purple flowers rose from the ground and wrapped around Mira's ankles, traveling up her body.

"YOU SELFISH LYING COW!" Isa seethed angrily. "YOU CHEATER! WHILE ALL OF US HAD TO WORK OURSELF TO THE BONE EVERY SINGLE-FUCKING-DAY, ALL YOU DID WAS CRY IN YOUR NURSERY ALL DAY FOR APPARENTLY HAVING NO GIFT! YOU COULD HAVE MADE EVERYONE'S LIFE A BILLION TIMES EASIER BUT NO! " 

"Isabell-" Julietta tried.

"NO MAMA! I didn't want to marry that hunk of muscles! I never loved him! I didn't want to have children! I DIDN'T WANT TO BE THE GOLDEN CHILD!" Isabella turned back to Mirabel who watched the show with no emotion. " IT'S ALL YOUR FAULT! I HATE YOU!"

As Isabella catched her breath, not even noticing the shocked look on most of her family's faces and the despair on Mariano's face as Camilo patted his back comfortingly, Mirabel smiled. With a wave of her hand, she freed herself and went to stand in front of Isabella, looking more intimidating even if she is were much shorter.

"You see Isa, If I had told everyone I had an gift, I would have been stuck in your life. I would be the perfect Madrigal, paraded around like a trophy, Married off to some guy that Abuela chooses." She spoke, distaste laced in her voice.

"But this way, I see how lowly someone claimed as an outcast is treated here. I get to see things without the rose-tinted glasses that all of you seem to be hiding behind. "