Chapter 13

"Tour diaries or X Factor Video Diaries?" Tia asked as she logged on to youtube.

"X Factor."

" 'Kay," she said, typing it into the search bar.

I was Tia's house, relaxing with her before the final exam preparations would begin.

"When are you doing your dance practice this week?" she asked as we waited for video to buffer.

"I'm not sure. We're doing it twice a week and I need to talk to Jason about this week," I answered.

"Are you guys perfect?"

"Probabaly. Play the video."

She nodded, dropping the subject. 

"Hi we're One Direction," Louis said, after the X Factor music rang out.

- - - - - - - - - 

"Which one did we just watch?" Tia asked.

I rolled my eyes. I didn't know why she was distracted to such an extent. But I suspected that it had something to do with a certain friend of mine she was in love with. "Six."

"Okay. Where's seven?" She scrolled the page, overlooking the clearly written words 'One Direction Video Diary Week 7' that were written multiple times. "Oh God! Did they remove the seventh one off the internet?!"

"No," I rolled my eyes again. "It's staring you right in the face."

"Where?!"

"There," I said, pointing to the video.

"Oh. Sorry."

As soon as the music began. a voice echoed in the corridor. "Teeee!"

Tia's eight year old brother, Ed, ran into the room. His platinum blonde hair was a mess. His lips had besome brown, showing that he had been eating chocolate. One leg of his jeans had been rolled up and the top buttons of his shirt were open.

"The remote won't work," Ed cried. "I've slapped it, banged it, tried every button on it . . . It just won't work!"

Tia placed the laptop on the bed and got up. "Be right back," she said to me.

She hurried out and returned a few minutes later. "He put the batteries wrong," she explained before settling back onto the bed.

The beginning of the seventh video diary was interrupted again. This time it was because my phone rang. 

Jason's name flashed on the screen.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hey!" Jason greeted. "I need help unrgently."

"What happened?"

"I have to get a gift for Vanessa for our first monthie. Otherwise, I will be names as the worst boyfriend in all of history."

I laughed. "Bo you won't. ut, yes I'll help you."

"You're the best. I don't know what to get her. And  I wan't it to be special," Jason said.

I grimaced. The pain in my heart was too much. The only reason I could bear it was because I had been through worse.

"Have you got any ideas?" I said.

"Yeah. Are you free today?" he asked.

"Nope. I'm at Tia's place."

"Tomorrow?"

"I guess so."

"Cool. Can you come shopping with me then?"

I laughed. "Sure. I'll come shopping with you."