Chapter 3

There were a bunch of announcements in homeroom. The attendance was taken and when the bell rang, I left homeroom with Tia.

I had English next along with her. As far as studies go, I think English has to be one of the subjects I am actually interested. Besides, the teacher Ms. Roberts makes the class really interesting, so you cant help but love it.

It was only an introductory class to the syllabus we would be doing this term. 

I had algebra next. The name was enough to get me hoping for a non-existant excuse to skip class. Excuse me, but I really don't see how a bunch of letters multiplied by letter are going to help me in the future. And neither does half the teenage population, so I don't even need to feel guilty about it. 

I entered class with Michael. Michael Chambers is Tia's boyfriend and also a very close friend of mine. And he was very good at maths too so it helped to have him around. 

Besides that, Michael loved Tia. A lot. He had also always been a perfect boyfriend since they started dating. Just looking at them was enough to make a person jealous. 

I wasn't immune to it. She was my best friend and she did have it pretty good in the romantic department. But I tried not to think too much about it. 

It was true that my love life lacked lustre in all aspects, but I needed that break. 

So, I stick to celebrities. It's easier and, apart from some fan-related hopes, you really don't have any expectations from them. Like, I could spend an hour watching One Direction videos and gushing over each member and everything they do, but once I'm done, it's over. My life is still the same. I was just on a little break. 

Also, there's no chance of heartbreak. When an announcement of my favorite celebrity dating starts making rounds, I'll be sad because they aren't single anymore. But more than that, I would be happy for them. It's as simple as that.

It was ironic that I was thinking about staying away from crushes and, hence, heartbreak when I entered class and I met a pair of grey eyes. One second I was looking at the half-empty classroom and the next my gaze fell on this gorgeous guy with beautiful gray eyes, brown hair and a half-smile on his lips. 

Unlike the majority of the male population of today, his hair wasn't pointing out in different directions like he had been electrocuted. Instead, it looked devoid of any gel and had a messed-up look. 

He was wearing a sleeveless jeans jacket over a black graphic t-shirt and blue jeans. If I wasn't lying to myself, I could have looked at him for hours on an end. 

"Excuse me?" Someone said from behind me. Embarrassed, I realized that I had stopped at the doorway of the class and stepped aside. The class was filling up and all the seats around the new guy were taken.

Feeling slightly dejected, I walked towards the back of the class and sat on the seat next to Michael. 

"I thought you were never coming behind," he commented, sounding amused. 

I rolled my eyes. "You thought wrong." 

"That comeback is old." Mr. Darns entered class and Michael continued, lowering his voice. "Please, Kirsten. For once in your life, pay attention in class."

"I'll try my best," I whispered back. "No promises." 

It was his turn to roll his eyes and he did so with a small smirk. "I guess that's just about as good as it gets." 

(A/N) Grace ------> 

Since, I know Bella Thorne can dance. You'll find out why I say this later :P 

Tell me how you like the story :)