Chapter 2: Entering Silver

Third Person POV

It has been four weeks since Amarante had started the Pokemon Academy. She had a few friends so far out of Shikamaru, Choji, and Naruto. As well as getting a couple of fanboys. 

Her time at the Academy was fine so far. They have been learning about Pokemon typing and the names of Pokemon. Iruka sensei said Pokemon battles would start to become more of a focus in the academy's second year. Today was the weekend, so Amarante was relaxing in her room drawing.

"Amara-chan!" Tsunade called out.

"Yes, mom?" Amara called back, opening her bedroom door.

"I going to run to the store. You want to tag along with me?" Tsunade asked. "Are do you plan to stay with Shizune?"

"Yeah, I will be right down just need to grab my best and put on my shoes," She replied.

"I will be waiting for you in the living room," Tsunade said.

"Got it," Amarante said, putting on her shoes before heading downstairs to let her mom know she was ready to go.

***

Amarante walked into the living room, where her mother sat on the dark purple couch. 

"Ready to go, mom," Amara said.

"Alright then, let's get going to the store so I can get more pancake mix and a few other things," Tsunade said.

"Yes, that means pancakes tomorrow, my favorite breakfast!" 

Tsunade chuckled and ruffled Amarante's hair. "You sure do love pancakes."

"Don't judge me, mom, anyway walking or taking the car?"

"How about we walk? Get us an excellent exercise before lunch later on today," Tsunade said

"That sounds good to me; mom better than spending the weekend inside drawing a picture of father.

"Hey, I know you miss him, but don't worry, one day the police will find him are someone else who spots his missing flyer," Tsunade kissed Amarante's cheek.

Amarante nodded, hoping he would be found eventually. He has been missing since I was four. I might have been young, but I still remember his face and the fun we had together. 

Shaking those thoughts out of her head, she headed out of the house with her mother and began making their way to the store.

***

Amarante and Tsunade arrived at the store after a nice silent ten-minute walk through the beautiful town surrounded by lots of trees  Konoha. 

"So other than more pancake mix, what else do you need to buy?" Amarante asked as she and Tsunade walked into the store.

"We need to get you some more snacks, and I need to get some more dish soap," Tsunade replied.

"So more cheese flavor chips and strawberries," Amarante said as she and Tsunade walked through the store. 

"Yes, if those are the snacks you want, but how about we also get you some bananas as well to balance out your diet," Tsunade said.

"Sure, I do love bananas."

Tsunade and Amarante headed to the chip aisle first, looking for cheese flavor chips. After grabbing a few different bags, they headed to the fruit section next to get strawberries and bananas. Their last two stops were getting pancake mix and dish soap.

Once they had everything Tsunade with to check out and pay for everything they brought before leaving the store to head back home.

***

Amarante, we're currently walking back home with their bag of groceries when Amarante heard a strange noise coming from a nearby alley.

She stopped walking and turned towards the alley, wondering what that noise was.

"Amara-chan, is something wrong?" Tsunade asked.

"There, something is making an odd noise," She replied, walking towards the alley.

"Wait!" Tsunade called out, following her daughter in the alley.

Amarante walked into the alley to see a mammalian,  quadrupedal pokemon with grey fur. The tip of its bushy tail and furry collar is white.  That was lying on the ground whimpering in pain.

"Mom, I think that strange Eevee is hurt," Amarante said, picking up the Eevee that was whimpering.

"It's not strange. It's a shiny Pokemon," Tsunade chuckled. "Let's see, bring the Eevee here," She said, putting on the paper bags and taking a look at the Eevee.

"Is she okay do we need to take Eevee to the Pokemon center?" Amarante asked, looking at the Eevee in her mom's arms.

"No, just ate something that didn't agree with her. She is fine after a bit," Tsunade said, putting down the Eevee. "Come on, let's get the grocery home," She said, picking up the bags.

"Coming," Amarante replied, following after her mother.

"Eevee!" Eevee said.

"Hm?" Amarante said, turning around to see Eevee looking at her sadly.

"Amara-chan, I think Eevee wants to come with you," Tsunade said. 

"Really?"

"Ee, vee," Eevee nodded.

"Why don't you catch her?" Tsunade said, giving Amarante a Pokeball.

"Looks like I have found my first Pokemon partner," She said, throwing the Pokeball at Eevee.

The ball shook three times, and then it clicked.

"Well, it seems like it is going to be me, and you now hm how about I call you Silver," Amarante said, holding her Pokeball in the air smiling as she caught herself a shiny Eevee.

"Fantastic, let's get home and get Silver something to settle her stomach," Tsunade.

Amarante nodded and began to continue heading home with her mother 

To be continued...

Word Count: 843