Chapter 4: Practice Battles

It has been a year since Amarante had started the Pokemon academy. Today was officially the first day of the second year in the academy. Amarante was looking forward to getting to the more exciting part of the academy involving Pokemon. So far, only a few people have their first Pokemon.

"Hello everyone, and welcome back for the second year of the academy," Iruka greeted, standing in the front of the class. "To start off the day, we will do a quick review of what we learned last year, and then we will head outside to the training ground to have practice battles."

"Yay!" The class cheered while Amarante looked at  Silver with a smile on her face.

"Alright, settle down, class," Iruka said. "Now, who  can give me an example of a fire-type Pokemon?" He asked.

A boy with a raven hairstyle as a duckbutt raised his hand.

"Yes, Sasuke," Iruka said, pointing at Sasuke.

"Charmander is a fire-type Pokemon, and so is Akamaru Kiba growlithe," Sasuke replied.

"That is the correct great job, Sasuke," Iruka said.

The review continued for another fifteen minutes.

"We will now go to the training ground soon. But first, for those who still don't have a Pokemon, we will go to the storage room to retrieve a Pokeball to use Pokemon for the practice battles. For those who have a Pokemon, head out to the training ground," Iruka announced.

Everyone was starting to split up. Iruka noticed Amarante kneeling on the ground, looking at Silver.

"Hey, Amarante. Is there something the matter? I noticed that you haven't started to head out with the group of the few kids that has pokemon."

"Oh, it's nothing, just wondering how Silver will do during her first battle. We haven't done much training since I caught her. Well, we did stamina training but not battle," Amarante said.

"Don't worry about it too much after all. Today is the first year of battling, so everyone is learning how to battle still," Iruka said, smiling at Amarante and Silver, who seemed excited.

"Yeah, we got nothing to worry about," Amarante said, smirking, and Eevee cried out in agreement.

Iruka chuckled as Amarante and Silver walked out of the room to head to the training grounds with the few kids that had a Pokemon already.

***

"Okay, guys! We now began the practice battles!" Iruka exclaimed as everyone cheered. "You guys have ten minutes to look at your Pokemon moves before starting the matches. At the same time, I sort out who will be batting who!"

Everyone was using their pokedex or checking information out in a textbook on the moves of their Pokemon. At the same time, others were checking move sets and seeing what Pokemon they ended up getting from storage.

As Amarante was reading Silver current move set in her purple pokedex. She noticed her fanboys starting to crowd around her making her sigh. There's only suitable year's old, and she around had fanboys obsessed with her looks.

10 minutes later...

"Alright, class, we will now begin the matches! Now sit back and relax and enjoy the first match!" I'duka announced as everyone waited intensely for the first match-up. "The first match is Naruto Uzumaki vs. Sasuke Uchiha!"

Naruto instantly ran to the battlefield, ready to battle.

"Come on, Sasuke! Let's get going!" Naruto shouted.