Prologue

The wind ruffled her midnight black fur and she looked around the deserted building for a second and then out the window again. Outside, the trees rusted softly and one could just make out silhouettes. She narrowed her blue, purple and green eyes (She has two eyes, chill, its just that her eye colours go from blue then Fade to purple then green) against a particularly strong gust if wind. She shifted her paws and for a brief moment her thoughts went to the building around her.

Its so cold in here, we should really explore this building more... dear god, my tail might just freeze!

Soon two paws were seen gripping the windowsill and the midnight-black cat shuffled out if the way a bit. The cat whom had just entered looked rather odd. Half of her body was the same midnight black as the cat with the multi-coloured eyes, whereas the other half was a light yellowish colour, like sand. Her eyes were different too, on the side with the black fur, she had a grey eye, while on the yellowish sandy colour, her eye was a brilliant blue. She also had a grey flower tucked behind her ear. The new cat inclined her head towards the black one. "Afternoon" she meowed simply. The black cat returned the gesture and the two continued looking out the window.
Soon after, a pair of brown paws appeared and a tall, chocolatey brown cat made an appearance. She had tufts of fur on her ears and a mildly fluffy tail, her fur was ruffled a bit, giving the look of someone who had just ran swiftly and a long distance. Though she didn't look out of breath. Her emerald eyes scanned the bare room, except for a sheltered corner where there was a round desk, a lamp and three cushions.
The brown cat nodded at the two and upon getting the same response, set a brisk pace towards the cushions.

As the other two cats joined her, the black one sighed deeply and her ear flicked.
"Whats the news?" The brown cat asked, her tail flicking around her paws. The half coloured cat glanced at the black one nervously. "Anything... wrong?"
"I'm afraid so," the midnight cat replied. "They... framed another incident"
Audible groans were heard from the two other cats at the table. "What happened this time?"
"A robbery, near Glenshins Hollow. Something valuable was stolen from a rich family, they blamed it on a poor household who lived across the street to them."
"Well, we all know there is no way that's the real story." She half pelt cat said, eyes burning. "How could they?"
The brown cat's whiskers twitched and though her eyes betrayed her emotions, she maintained a perfectly straight posture. "Do you have any files on these families?"

The black cat glanced at her, then pulled out two folders from under the desk and slid them over to the other two cats, her face seemed set in stone.

"Lillith!?" The two other cats exclaimed in shock, the warm orange glow from the lamp amplifying their facial experssions.

"There is a string of lies we have yet to untangle, i'm afraid"

^~^~^~^~^~^

In a cozy study room, a cat brought a cup of milky tea to their lips and took a small sip, the warm cup clutched in their paws.
"This is going nicely..."

^~^~^~^~^~^

Hello my peeps! Oof, this chapter/prologue wasn't much, was it? The rest of the book will be more interesting!
I love feedback, just uh, the constructive kind. Do tell me how you feel about this story! ^.^

This prologue will have some sort of effect on the story. After I finish this story, I might draw out a comic, i'll let you know when I do!

Stay safe,

Midnightmoon