Chapter 4

Hiii
I'm alive!
I think :l
God, school sucks and my life sucks from time to time. But hey, i'm back with this story i am dying to finish. Yey. .^.

Also, pwease comment, it really helps me keep moving on :)
But, just enjoy! UwU
*~*

Stick bounced along the sun warmed tiles of the street. Occasionally hiding in the shadows and popping back out holding an apple or a small trinket. The city around him hummed. He loved it. It was his home, with his elder brother.
Brother.
His heart did a joyful leap. They were two cats, but one soul. Brothers.

As he walked forward, swerving around other cats, a large building caught his eye.
It was plain white, it's handles were round and golden. Over the large double doors was a sign written in gold, shining letters.
Orphanage
Stick cringed. It wasn't an orphanage. And orphanage was where kids found a home. This, this was a prison.
The people there never cared for the children under their roof. They looked at the poor souls as if they were a waste of space. And while everything looked grand and rich, they never spared so much as a few pennies for the children. Thats why he and Oscar left.

Stick hadn't noticed that he'd stopped walking and was now staring at the building until someone pushed him with a few rude words. "Rude" Stick muttered under his breath.
Continuing on, Stick looked around and suddenly ran. He pushed aside the same person who had bad mouthed him before and at the same time, nicked two apples from a cart and darted into a side alley, grinning as he skidded to a stop.
He inspected the apples, both were perfectly fine. A bird fluttered down and Stick startled, dropping an apple. Luckily it didn't fall that hard and there was only a small bruise.

Stick looked down at it. Oscar could eat that.

Looking at the small brown bird, Stick made a face. "Hey, shoo, you ruined the apple".
The bird stubbornly and innocently looked up at Stick.
"The nerve-" Stick muttered, then giggled and headed out of the alley, making way for his small home.

*~*

On the way, Stick couldn't help bit explore a teensy bit. I mean, it was like just a little peek in this alley and just a small glance in that posh guys house. No biggie.

Stick stopped dead.
There, amidst the shadows of a gap between two houses was a flash of...

Gold. Actual freaking gold.

Stick was all up for darting in and nicking the nugget. But he could practically hear Oscar's voice saying.

"Oh my god, Stick. You are so gonna get arrested if you barged in, you nitwit. Now don't be daft and do it the proper way"

Stick gave an inward groan. Oscar was always there, a presence in his life. Yea, sure, he was awesome and comforting Nd all that brotherly mush, but he was also rather annoying.

Stick continued on as if he hadn't seen the flash. His abrupt stop might have aroused some suspicion for anyone who had seen him. Oh well, too late now.

He stayed near the wall, then, looking as if he had forgotten something, turned back.
Stick slinked into the shadows, yea, his yellowish fur kinda didn't blend in with the shadows but it was enough, right?

But honestly, black fur works better for concealing yourself in shadows...

Another flash of gold, Stick edged closer and saw that it was necklace of some sort. It had a gold chain and a small charm in the shape of a feather hanging off it.
It was pretty. And probably worth a bit of moolah.

Stick tentatively stuck out a paw to grab the necklace, his hind legs bunching up incase he needed to run.
Unfortunately, his hand never reached the necklace.
Unfortunately, the exit was sealed.
Fortunately, his ambusher or rather, ambushers didn't seem interested in calling the police or even remotely harming anyone.

"Well, you are definitely one of the better thieves i've seen, aren't you, child?"

Stick froze.

*~*

Whooo another chapterrr.
I hope theres enough content so uh-

Yes i'm weird, an authors note at the start of the chapter and at the end.

Did i foreshadow a bit somewhere here?
Naw.
I mean, a bit.
Maybe.
Yes.
.^.
I did indeed.

Try to figure it out! It's a bit cryptic so uh-

Who do you think the 'ambushers' are?

I hope you enjoyed this chapter, children!

Anywho

Signing off
-Enigma