01

YEONA

"stupid boy making me so sad
didn't think you could change this fast
she's gotta everythin' that i don't have
how could i ever compete with that." 

i sighed, scrolling through my ex's instagram feed while listening to tate mcrae's new song she's all i wannabe through my airpods. 

the fact he cheated on me with some other girl who he said had way more standards than me just because she's more prettier and can actually dance well didn't make sense to me at all.

i took my airpods off putting them back in my case, closed my phone, and threw it to the side of my bed as i slowly sunk into my blanket that was wrapped around me. tears were starting to form in my eyes as i thought about what he told me a couple of days when i found out that he cheated on me.

"i felt no connection with you from the start yeona-ah. i hope you find your actual soulmate one day."  he said

the tears from my eyes couldn't stop as i sobbed deeply. i buried both of my hands in front of my face  not being able to control my tears anymore.

a knock was then heard from my bedroom door, "come in." i sniffed, as i was close from choking on my sobs. reality hit me as someone was about to enter my room, so i quickly let go of my hands from my face and started using my blanket to just wipe my tears.

"yeona-ah." i heard a familiar voice. i looked up to see my best friend, hana who had a worried expression on her face. she had something in her hand but quickly placed it down on top of my desk and hurried to me. i muttered an "i'm okay" but she didn't get the memo as she engulfed me into a warm hug. i hugged back right away knowing that it felt really nice that i had a best friend that i could count on.

"you poor thing, i can't believe he did this to you." she muttered, as she was rubbing circles on my back. i couldn't believe it either. both of us let go of the hug immediately. i on the other hand just fiddled with my fingers as she looked at me and gave me a pout while she wiped my tears. "you really don't deserve this yeona-ah." she pitted me.

i shook my head in denial. "it's okay, life is going to be a mess sometimes." i spoke. she stood up and grabbing the item she entered with and hid it behind her back. i looked at her with a questionable look as i saw her hid the item.

"what's behind your back?" i asked. hana immediately smiled at me and started to give an explanation. "well since i know you've been having a hard time through your break up. i decided to buy this item for you leading towards this really huge question i want to ask you."  i raised an eyebrow until she took the item from desk and showed it to me beaming with joy.

my eyes widen to see a green/orange album that had the words dimension: dilemma. it was enhypen's newest album yet and i couldn't believe it. hana has been very into the group since 2020 but i had no time stanning them since i was always busy with my studies. luckily, she was able to pull a few strings on me and get me into them a little, so i've been listening to them the past couple of months.

"you got me an album?" i said, i was pretty shock and grateful at the same time. hana smiled at me and handed me the album, which i grateful accepted.

before i could open my album, realization came to me a little and i then questioned, "okay hana what's up? you rarely do this." i stated straightforwardly. hana held her breath at what she was going to tell me next. it was probably the big question she was going to ask me.

"i knew you were going to ask me that.." i nodded, she bit her lip a little and fiddled her fingers acting like she didn't know anything until out of nowhere she said something i didn't expect.

"i won an enhypen fansign." she quickly muttered. my eyes widen more from what she said.
"YOU WON A FANSIGN." i practically yelled. fansigns we're such a rare opportunity especially when it comes to your favorite kpop idols. both of us squealed in joy as i became happy for hana and forgot about the whole situation i was going through.

after 3 mins of joy, hana and i calmed down a bit to where she explained to me about her whole fan sign process and how it lead to her getting the results. "no, hana this is so great i'm so happy for you." i said. she giggled to me a bit and gave me a friendly pat on the shoulder. it felt mischievous to me and that something was up.

"the news gets way more better." she said and i just nodded for her to proceed. "so.. apparently this fan sign has a special thing going on where you can bring one more guest and it's only for a few people, so surprisingly with my luck i was able receive that advantage." my eyes then proceeded to widen again.

so that's why she gave me album.. to invite me to go to an enhypen fansign

i gasped in joy in where she was going with this. "so you want me to come with you to the fan sign?" i clarified. she nodded and then gave me a pleading look. 
i was unsure if i could go because of my eomma, so i just bit my lip and closed my eyes.

"it's a once in a lifetime opportunity." hana stated. theres no backing out especially being able to meet my bias i thought. i opened my eyes and looked at her. "when is it?" i asked. hana then looked at me with a smile knowing that i was somehow agreeing.

"it's in 4 days.." i sighed, my eomma was coming back in 4 days and if i wasn't home by then.. hana looked at my hesitance because she knew what i was thinking about but i know she would pull a few strings.

"come on yeona, you can just leave a note to your eomma saying that your going on a school trip for the weekend." she stated. hana knew about my situation at home and to say the truth, i wasn't really safe at my home when my eomma was around.

i was already going through a lot with my break up and not being able to find my real soulmate.. what could be worse if i just stayed longer in this toxic household. maybe just taking this opportunity will change everything..

"okay, i'll do it." i smiled.. deep down i knew i was screwed.

"yay! you won't regret it." she cheered.

ₓ˚. ୭ ˚○◦˚.˚◦○˚ ୧ .˚ₓ

ah this is such an interesting chapter i created but if you can tell by yeona's hesitancies, especially with her home life you can tell where this is going.. so i'll definitely be putting some tw's

also tate mcrae's new song, she's all i wanna be is such a bop that i just had to put it in this story.