ty lee and mai

.·:*¨ ¨*:·.

you look so delectable when you blush

❉ ╤╤╤╤ ✿ ╤╤╤╤ ❉

AIRI was nervous. After one of the soldiers on the royal battalion had let slip to Prince Zuko that the Fire Lord meant to imprison both him and his beloved uncle upon their return to the Fire Nation, Azula had been furious. She had spent an hour breaking things in a mostly empty room towards the belly of the ship. Even Airi hadn't followed, letting the princess cool off a little before she tried anything. Eventually, Azula returned, her anger growing into determination.

It was one of Airi's favorite things about the princess. Unlike her brother, when she made a mistake she didn't crumble immediately. Azula knew exactly where her uncle and brother would be going--it was wherever the avatar went. When Azula announced she would be tracking the avatar, hoping to bring both him and her traitorous family members at the same time, Airi had felt pride. Of course, had it been anyone else, she might have been slightly disappointed that they were going to such lengths just to take out a little boy who only wanted to help people. But love was blinding. Azula had ditched the larger ship in favor for a small team, one that she knew would be completely loyal to her. She asked Airi to come with her first, and Airi had of course told her yes.

And that was how Airi ended up at the circus, nervously searching for her friend.

"I still don't believe Ty Lee is here," Azula muttered as they walked through the circus tents.

Airi could--she saw Ty Lee doing a handstand, long braid resting on the ground, pink outfit standing out against the tent behind her. "Azula?" Ty Lee asked curiously, not sure if she recognized the princess upside down.

"Ty Lee, could that possibly be you?" Azula asked.

Ty Lee flipped gracefully to land on her feet. "It is you! And Airi, too, oh my gosh." She pulled both of them into tight embraces.

"Please, don't let me interrupt your..." Azula trailed off, unsure of what exactly Ty Lee had been doing, "whatever it is you were doing."

Ty Lee grinned at Azula, doing a backflip and landing back in her handstand, stretching her legs in the air as she did so. Airi stared at her, impressed. She had always been very flexible and agile but their time apart only seemed to increase it.

"Ty Lee, how did you end up here?" Airi asked curiously. "I mean, not to be rude, but I don't think parents of a nobleman would want their daughter to end up here." Ty Lee just smiled as if to say she had no idea but was perfectly happy that it happened.

"I have a proposition for you," Azula said suddenly. Ty Lee stared at her curiously. "I'm hunting a traitor. You remember my old fuddy-duddy uncle, don't you?"

Ty Lee moved to rest her stomach on the ground, her legs resting on her head. "Oh yeah. He was so funny."

"I would be honored if you would join me on my mission," Azula said, looking at her expectantly.

"Oh ... I ... uh ... would love to," Ty Lee said hesitantly, standing up. "But the truth is, I'm really happy here. I mean, my aura has never been pinker!"

'll take your word for it. Well, I wouldn't want you to give up the life you love just to please me," Azula said, holding out a hand to stop Ty Lee from proving just how pink her aura was. Secretly, perhaps so secretly it was from herself as well, Airi was pleased that Azula had stopped Ty Lee.

"Really?" Ty Lee asked, slightly surprised but elated. "Thank you, Azula." Ty Lee bowed to the princess in respect. Airi turned to Azula--she was not one to give up just because of someone else's happiness.