ㅤㅤㅤ005ㅤto do this alone.

[ please comment i love
reading them <33 also
ty for 5k reads and please
vote if you enjoyed the
chapter ]

they say these are the
golden years but i wish
i could disappear ego
crush is so severe god,
it's brutal out here

brutal ( olivia rodrigo. )

chapter five.
to do this alone.

Onjo kept staring down at the window, Isak was no longer in sight and yet Onjo's eyes lingered

Onjo kept staring down at the window, Isak was no longer in sight and yet Onjo's eyes lingered. The mood was down, nobody could say anything ── not after that. She slowly leaned up, "Onjo." Cheong-san rested his arm on her shoulder, pity in his eyes.

"I'm sorry." Yijae whispered before returning to Soyang, "What are you sorry about? Killing my friend!" Onjo screamed, tears trickling down her glossy eyes. "Isak was my friend too─"

"Not like she was mine." Onjo bent down, crying in her knees. "Come block this!" Gyeong-su shouted ── maybe trying to distract from the loss they'd faced. The zombies rammed themselves into the desks trying to get in, while Onjo was being comforted by Jimin and Hyo-ryung. Cheong-san kept his distance, and his stare on Yijae.

"Let's go, we're not gonna last here longer." Cheong-san began nonchalantly. "We can use the pipe from outside as a rope and get out through the window." Yijae suggested her tone tired and down. "Where would we go?" Wujin asked, "The Broadcasting Club, that's where Miss Park was." Yijae stood in front of the door.

"Gyeong-su." Cheong-san looked at his friend, "Yeah? What? What is it?" The boy questioned, his annoyance rising. "Open it just a few inches. Enough for the hose to fit." Cheong-san explained, "Isn't it better to wait for the rescuers to come and save us?" Gyeong-su argued, "We might all die by the time they arrive." Cheong-san replied, the two staring each other down. "This will kill us faster. It's just gonna be─"

"Is waiting for someone to save us the best we can do?" Cheong-san's stern tone made Yijae flinch. "Cheong-san isn't wrong, we can't wait." Yijae explained ── staring at her feet, "If I turn into a zombie you're so dead." Gyeong-su threatened before caving in.

Cheong-san slid the door open a little bit, Yijae hovered over him, keeping an eye. He stretched out his hand to grab onto the hose. She pulled him in as zombies walked by, they held in their breaths before letting him return.

"I can't reach it." He shut the door with a huff. "Take this and try again." Yijae presented a fake arm to him, "How─ forget it." He ignored his curiosity and returned to try to get the arm. Leaning far enough, zombies kept kicking it away but finally he had the hose in his ── fake arm's ── grasp.