02| Admit

You gulp

You gulp. You can feel the pit of your stomach sink.

"Nee-san! Time for dinner!", Shigeru calls you snapping you out of your own thoughts. 'Right. There's still time, but how exactly can I tell them?!'

"Okay!"

The table was quite rowdy as always with Hanako and Takeo bickering as usual. Nezuko telling stories to your mother and father smiling as usual.

But it soon died down when Kie voiced out her worries. "I wonder where Tanjiro is right now..", she said.

"I hope that boy is okay"

Really you can't sit tight, you desperately need to tell them what's gonna happen or else. "Umm...", you started. They raised their heads and stared at you.

"Okay. This might seem really random, but do you believe in the existence of demons?", you asked them your eyes starting to narrow as you stare down at your cup. You didn't get to see what their expressions are and you don't want to know.

(Idk if they know about demon's existence so bear with me)

"Why do you suddenly ask that Y/n?"

"Nee-san did you have a bad dream?"

"I think demons are really scary, I don't really know"

"Whether or not you believe in demons. I prefer everyone to know about them now, they are cruel, merciless bastards that kill people for fun and ranks. But... they are still humans who died by the hands of co-demons", your mouth opened only to suddenly spill contents of demons to your family.

"Why? Did you see one Y/n? You seem to know them too well", Tanjuro asked. You pursed your lips together, your eyes swelling in tears. Those look of concerns your family gave you burdened you even more.

"I... don't want you to die", you kept your head low when your tears finally came out. Falling freely to your lap.

"Y/n? What are you talking about?"

"Nee-san is it a bad dream? If so, we'll sleep with you to chase them away!"

"Yeah!"

"Uhuh...", you sob. Suddenly, you felt someone hug you and rub your back. "It's okay Y/n, it's only a bad dream. Don't think too much okay?", you lightly push your father away and roughly wiped your tears with the sleeves of your kimono.

"It's not! You see... I am not your real daughter. I am not real! I am just an extra, an existence that should not have been here! There was no Y/n Kamado to begin with. There was only 6 children in this family not 7", you pant you understand the expressions they give you right now.

"You might be confused. You have the right to be. But right now is not the time, there will be someone that will kill everyone here", your siblings' faces were that of horror and so was Kie. But your father only furrowed his eyebrows and held your shoulder.