Chapter 17: "The Person Who Doesn't Value You is

Blocking You From the One Who Will"

Chapter title from Robert Tew

Long Chapter, lots going on as we reach the end. This is an unhappy chapter...

Not my Anime, not my characters, just my Fanfiction.

Two end notes.

.................................................................

Misaka 15325 stepped between her Sister and Shirai and spread her arms, protecting Shirai from Misaka's wrath.

"Big Sister there are no perversions or sneaking involved states Misaka 15325 as Misaka 15325 has a desire to spend time seeing if there was compatibility with Friend Shirai as Big Sister clearly has no intention of romance with Friend Shirai Misaka 15325 notes."

Misaka was stopped dead by this. "She's not dragging you away, Misaka 15325?"

"No Big Sister Misaka 15325 asked Friend Shirai to leave for purposes of getting to know Friend Shirai better Misaka 15325 informs Big Sister implying that Big Sister should not interfere with Sisters' love lives."

"Interfere with love lives?!" Misaka stuttered, "With Shirai?"

Shirai finally had enough. "Sissy, I have always loved you, but you have made it plain you wish to be with the Ape, not me. I will admit: it hurts, but I love you enough to...to...step aside for the sake of your happiness, no matter how much it hurts."

Shirai looked directly into Misaka's eyes. 

"So why can't you do the same for your Sisters and me? Why can't I try to find someone so I might be happy too?"

They both noticed the room had gotten quiet and everyone was looking at them and listening to their conversation.

"Misaka 11420 thinks Big Sister is jealous that Molest... Shirai is receiving attention from a suitor and thus losing Moles... Shirai's attention Misaka 11420 suspects a double standard."

"Misaka 10032 is also disappointed with Big Sister who has spurned Moles... Shirai's affections yet attempts to deny poor Molest... Shirai any other paramour Misaka 10032 says sadly."

Misaka looked from one Sister to another. "But I'm just trying to protect you all from..."

"For shame, Short Hair," Index said, "Look at your Best Friend's face for a moment."

Misaka looked at Shirai's face. Slow, big tears were dripping down from Shirai's eyes. Misaka 15325 slowly put her arms around Shirai from behind and gently hugged Shirai, whispering something into Shirai's ear. Shirai nodded, then looked again at Misaka with a miserable look.

< POP >

Shirai and Misaka 15325 disappeared.

"Where did they go?" Misaka asked the other Sisters.

"Misaka 15325 asked Sisters not to tell Big Sister and has disconnected from the Network Misaka Imouto states in a tone expressing extreme disappointment with Big Sister."

"Misaka 11420 will tell Big Sister that Misaka 15325 is consoling Friend Shirai whose heart is broken and is feeling betrayed Misaka 11420 states sadly."

Misaka could not believe her Sisters were... "Are you angry with me, Sisters?"

Both Sisters tilted their heads in the same way and did not answer immediately. Finally, after a moment, Misaka Imouto said, "Negative emotions have now been given to Misaka Worst."

"You were!"

"Misaka Imouto found Big Sister to be unfair and cruel to Friend Shirai who wishes to have Big Sister's love Misaka Imouto states plainly. When Big Sister did not return that love and Misaka 15325 indicated an interest in Friend Shirai Big Sister immediately threatened to attack Friend Shirai rather than allow Friend Shirai any chance at another relationship Misaka Imouto states disapprovingly."