── chapter nine

- ͙۪۪̥˚┊PILLOWTALK┊˚ ͙۪۪̥◌
❝ not gonna happen

third person

third person.

"and how are you, tyla?" jack pressed his lips together, watching the girl as she took a seat across from him at the cafeteria table.

"good..?" she slightly furrowed.

"what did you get up to on the weekend?" corbyn questioned, raising his brow while watching the girl take a sip from her water bottle then looking back at him confused.

"why are you guys acting like you know something?" she questioned through a small awkward laugh, as she lightly bounced her leg underneath the table — a habit that she had for whenever she was put in uncomfortable situations.

"see anyone on the weekend-"

"leave her alone," aria playfully hit jack who was sat beside her.

"the leg shake," finnan pointed out, a small chuckle escaping his lips as he looked up at tyla's eyes.

"it's because i don't know what the fuck's going on," she quickly defended her actions while putting pressure on both her knee with her hands so she wouldn't do it anymore. "and i babysat on the weekend, i don't know what you think could have happened."

"ty, i may or may not have mentioned the zach thing to them," imogen blurted out, causing the girl to flick her head towards her. "sorry it just like came out in conversation."

tyla let out a small sigh as she bit down on her bottom lip, trying to find the right words to explain the situation to the boys.

"you see i... i um i thought about it more over the weekend and it's not going to happen," she said after some hesitation while looked between the three boys, although it was mainly a lie since she was still considering it.

"if you're gonna hookup with someone at least make it be someone more experience," jack responded. "either you have a shit first time or good one, and it's not gonna be good with him."

"how do you know that, have you had sex with him before?" she joked around, wanting the conversation to change away from herself.

"fuck off tyla," he laughed at her comment.

"why would you even think about having sex with him?" corbyn added, finnan also slightly raising a brow at her.

"i'm not going to have sex with him," she repeated, wanting to reassure them although it realistically wasn't their place to need it. "and once again so you can get it through your heads it's not gonna happen. but also let me do my own thing geez."

"anyway what are you up to this afternoon, do you wanna hang?" finnan questioned the girl, since he already knew the others were busy.

"i don't know, i haven't decided yet, but i'll text you after next class what i end up deciding," she responded.

the group went on to talk for the rest of lunch about something other than tyla's love life, and zach. and once the bell rung, the six said quick goodbyes and spilt off their own ways as they head to their final class of the day — and for tyla, that was history.

making her way through the halls as her eyes were keep particularly on the little bit taller than herself, brunette boy who was a couple student in front of her until he had disappeared into the classroom, her following in shortly after.

"found your way to my table huh?" tyla spoke, placing her bag down on the floor and pulled out her chair to take a seat.

"well this is our final lesson working on the assignment in class," zach responded. "and i know how badly you wanna finish it in class cause you don't wanna see me outside of school."

she rolled her eyes at him, mainly at the way he held a smug look on his face after his sarcastic comment. "what happened on the weekend was a mistake," she slightly mutter.

"was it-"

"you know the drill everyone," mr. franklin luckily entered the class before the conversation between the two got to far, clapping his hands together once to gain the attention of the student. "final lesson for your assignments so get to work."

zach turned back to the girl after their teacher sat down at his desk. "i don't wanna hear anything about it," she said before he could talk.

"now let's work on this and maybe you can come
over this afternoon," she added, while not looking at him and grabbing her laptop from her bag.

"what was that?"

"i said maybe if you do your work now, you could come over this afternoon so we could do some more," she explained, now eyes partly locked with his.

"work or-"

"work!" she quietly exclaimed, interrupted him before he could say anything that she didn't want him to. leaning in closer to his ear and whispering, "remember lips zipped, herron."

"yes i remember," he nodded, giving the girl a small smile then grabbing his own laptop out from his school bag so they could get to writing their assignment.

AUTHOR'S NOTE!
quick update ft. tyla indecisiveness