Mystery Boy (1)

Okay okay so I know I keep publishing stories but I got the idea for this and I really liked it and I have the whole plot planned out but when I have an idea I like I'm really bad at having patience so I'll try to manage all I'm writing right now :)

Hello there! I'm Yashiro Nene! My life isn't anything exciting, I work as a secretary with a boring old company. My boss is a real piece of work, he's always asking me to do things that weren't part of my job description! Things that I shouldn't be doing! It's ridiculous. But if I refuse, he'll fire me on the spot, so I have to accept it every time.

Honestly, this is so stupid. I shouldn't have to do these things, not only are they not part of what my job should be, I'm not even 20 yet! I'm 18! I was 17 when I got this job, and ever since my 18th birthday, that's when all this started. I did notice that before I turned 18, he'd always be eyeing me when I turned around. Weird, he's in his 50s.

—————

"Nene! Be a dear and come here, please?" Her boss called from the other side of the room. Nene sighed, trying to finish filing the papers she'd been given.
"Nene! I don't have all day! Get over here!" Her boss shouted again, and Nene stood up, reluctantly walking towards his desk.

"Finally. There's a mess of paper on the floor over there, could you get that?" He pointed at the paper all over the floor in front of the filing cabinet, to which Nene looked over, sighing. She turned back to her boss, and decided she wanted to stand up to him for once.

"Sir, that isn't part of my job. There's other people to do that." She said, crossing her arms, and her boss placed his mug back on the desk, frowning.
"Just do it, would you?" He said, and Nene shook her head.
"Sir, I'm a secretary, not a cleaner. How about wait for the cleaners or do it yourself?"

"I didn't want to have to do this, Nene."
"Do what?"
"Out."
"Excuse me?"
"Out. You're no longer a secretary here."
"Sir, it's 1am. You can't possibly-"
"I don't care. Leave."

Over paper? Like I said, that's not what my job is. I'm not the one who should be doing that.

—————

2am. God dammit, I usually take the bus back home, but the one that goes to the town I live doesn't come back until 6am. I'm going to have to walk.

Nene walked close to the buildings, making note of how few cars were on the road at this time. She'd been listening for anything, making sure she wasn't in danger.

She walked past a particular alleyway, and heard a crash. Not of metal, but a crash that sounded like someone falling. She stopped, listening for anything else.

After a few moments, she heard something that sounded like someone in pain, like when you're hurt and suck the air in through your teeth. Looking into the alley, she squinted her eyes trying to see better.

There's someone on the ground-

"Hey! Hey are you okay?!" She ran before she could give it a second thought, immediately kneeling beside the person and checking to see how badly injured they were.

It was a boy, with choppy, dark brown hair. He looked around the same age as her, and appeared to be wearing a tattered maroon cape. What stood out to Nene, though, were his eyes. They were large, round, and coloured a bright, yet warm amber, almost bright enough to be able to see them clearly even in the pitch black darkness.

"Are you alright?! What happened?!" Nene asked, inspecting the injury on his arm.
"I'm fine- don't worry- just- you really shouldn't be here." The boy said, and Nene shook her head. He sat up, and Nene immediately noticed a large gash on his side.
"No- no you're not fine! Look! You're bleeding! A lot!"
"I'm a complete stranger- I promise you it's nothing to worry about."
"Absolutely not! We need to get you to a hospital! I- I have my phone on me- I could call an ambulance for you?" Nene began looking through her pockets, and the boy's eyes widened.
"Hey- wait- no! I don't need a hospital! Look! I can stand! It's fine, see!"