Disappearing Boy (2)

"Amane, mind if I check up on your injury again once you're done with that?" Nene sat at her small, wooden table, where Amane was also sitting, eating his breakfast on the opposite end of the table.
"Hm? Okay." He said, only half listening.
"Good. After all the thread shouldn't be kept there forever, not once it's healed, that is."

Amane had been three for just under two weeks now, and in that time, Nene had tried to get him to tell her anything about himself, but he never would. Always either completely ignored the questions she asked or changed the subject, and his reason was always the same:

"You don't need to know about me, I'm only here because you decided to help me out."

But I do want to know about him. Why won't he tell me a single thing? I'd like to know what kind of person is staying in the place I live.

"You done?" Nene asked, and Amane looked up at her, nodding.
"Yeah." Amane said, watching as Nene walked over to him.
"Okay; mind if I check it now?"
"Check it now if you want, makes no difference to me." Nene nodded in response, and lifted Amane's shirt high enough to where she could see the bandage, before gesturing to Amane to hold it in place so she could remove the bandage.

FYI; she's on his right

Once she'd removed it, she carefully inspected what was now a scar, to see how healed it was. She placed her fingers along it, before looking up at Amane.
"Doesn't hurt still, does it?" She said, and Amane shook his head.
"No, it doesn't." He responded, to which Nene looked back to it.
"That's good to hear. Hell of a scar, though."
"Eh?"
"With an injury like that, it leaving a scar was expected, but seriously, it's a lot more obvious than I expected it to be."
"Oh."
"But it looks fully healed, want me to remove the thread? If not, you'll have to wait for it t on dissolve, because the thread I used is the same one that actual doctors would have used."
"I'm not patient, can you remove it?"
"Sure, though, it might not feel the most comfortable while I'm removing it."

Nene removed the thread carefully, throwing it in the bin once she was done. She smiled at Amane to indicate she was done, before pointing to his cape, still draped over the back of the sofa on the other side of the room.
"By the way, I've sewn up your clothes while you've been here. I noticed in that cape especially there were a lot of holes." She said, before sitting down.
"You did?" Amane responded, and Nene smiled.
"I did! Honestly, why would you leave your clothes all covered in holes, anyway? I almost fell asleep sewing them up."
"You're skilled in everything, huh?" Amane grinned, his hand holding his head up.
"No, thank you, but no. I'm really not. I can only sew clothes because I used to have a crush on a guy in school, and he said he liked feminine girls."
"Then how can you also sew up injuries like mine?"
"Because I didn't know what I wanted to do when I left school. I was considering being a doctor, which is the only reason I have first aid training. Realised it wasn't for me when I also realised I'd have to deal with people who are sick or have injuries much worse than yours."
"Do you know now?"
"No. I'm still not sure what I want to be. There's still plenty of time to figure it out, though!"
"You're not wrong there..."

"What do you do?" Nene said, and Amane looked at her, surprised at the question.
"Ah?"
"Surely you have a job, so what do you do?"
"Well- I- uhm." Amane tried to change the subject, though Nene wouldn't let him.
"Don't try to change the subject; what do you do?"
"You- really don't want to know."
"I think I do."
"No, seriously, you don't want to know."
"Why not?"
"You just don't."

————

The time on the clock in Nene's room read 2:45am. She'd been asleep, but got woken up by a loud noise. She sat up, rubbing her eye.

What kind of noise that loud happens at quarter to 3 in the MORNING?

She walked out of her room, and into the kitchen-living room area. Empty.

Where's Amane?

There was another noise, and she snapped her head to the direction of the window above the sink. The window was open, and the curtains blew in the breeze.

She immediately looked out of the window, placing her hands on the windowsill. It was dark outside, but she could still make out the figure of who she could safely assume was Amane, running down the street.

She wanted to shout something at him, or chase after him, but she figured that he was already too far down the street for her to be able to catch up with him, and shouting at this time of the night wouldn't be particularly considerate towards the other people living in that area.

She sighed, and closed the window. When she did, she turned to the table, and noticed a piece of paper. Nene walked over to the table, and picked it up. It was a letter.

'Nene.

Thank you for helping me and sewing my clothes. It was nice staying there, but I need to go now. I can't stay any longer than I have. Maybe our paths will cross again in the future, in fact I'm hoping that they will. You're a kind girl. I don't know why you chose to help me, especially with me being a stranger, but once again, thank you.

-Amane'

He's gone? I didn't even get to say goodbye to him. I hope he'll be safe.

—————

"So you're saying you found a mysterious boy in an alleyway, helped him out, and he left?" A girl with purple hair working in a small flower shop said, and Nene hit her head on the table.
"For the last time, Aoi, yes! He was badly injured, what did you expect me to do?" Nene said, and the girl, Aoi, watered the flowers in the displays.
"You let a stranger in your home?"
"Yes, then he left! Well, he left after a week, actually."
"And you found him in an alleyway?"
"YES!!"
"Nene, but what if he was a dealer?!"
"I doubt it. He was... odd, but it wasn't bad odd. Good odd."
"Didn't you say he didn't say anything about himself?"
"He didn't, but then again he didn't owe me that information in the first place, he was a stranger what I chose to help."
"If you're sure..."
"I am!"

Well, guess I'll have to go back to an uninteresting life. I still don't have a job, though.

————————————————————

Word count; 1153

Hope you liked this chapter! I don't know how well this one turned out, but eh, could be worse. Anyway, next chapter is coming very soon! :D