Abnormal Adventure (4)

It's been about a week since I woke up in this place. Amane hasn't let me leave the room, except to use the bathroom. Actually, no, this is his room. Honestly, can't a girl have some privacy?

"Hey, you done in there?" Hanako was knocking on the closed door to his room, Nene on the other side refusing to open it.
"No! I'm not! Have some patience, I'm getting changed!" Nene shouted, and Hanako had his hand on the door, which he now realised Nene had locked.
"Come onnn, I need to get something from in there! What are you even changing into?!"
"Misaki gave me some clothes!"
"Misaki?"
"The blonde lady? You seriously don't know who I'm referring to?"
"Oh! Her! Wait, when did she go in there??"
"She didn't, she left them outside the door when you all went on that last 'scavenge'!"
"She did?"
"Yes! Honestly, you could have at least given me clothes when you decided to kidnap me! Wearing the same thing for a week without being able to change is disgusting!"
"You're still upset with me?!"
"You kidnapped me!! Of course I would be!"

Hanako faceplanted the door, unaware of Misaki standing behind him. She crossed her arms, laughing. Hanako whipped his head around, glaring at her.
"Oh, and what are you finding so funny?!"
"You two argue like an old married couple."
"We do not! We hardly know eachother!"
"Didn't she help you when you got your ass kicked?"
"Yes, but that isn't relevant! Also, can you stop bringing that up, I've got an image to uphold here!"
"What image? You're a 4'11 19 year old boy."
"Hey! I've already told you; we do not mention that! I'm sensitive about it!!"

As Misaki attempted to hold back a laugh, the door opened, and Nene stood in the doorway, staring at them, confused.
"What on earth am I listening to?" She said, and Hanako immediately began pushing her out of his room, and running inside.
"Oh, you're done? Lovely! Just speak to her for a few minutes, I've got a book to find!"
"Can you answer the que-" Nene began, cut off by the door slamming shut.
"For gods sake." Nene said, crossing her arms.

Misaki stood behind her, now having no laughter to keep in. She smiled, and patted Nene on the shoulder.
"He's not usually like this; I think he likes you!" She said, and Nene gave her an unimpressed glance.
"Eh? I hardly know him!"
"He said the same thing."
"Well, it's true! I only know him because I helped him with his injuries!"
"Oh? You mean when he got a taste of his own medicine?"
"Huh?"
"Nothing. Either way, my name isn't Misaki. It's Yako!"
"It is?!"

Before Yako gave her an answer, the door opened once again. Hanako was standing in the doorway, holding a book.
"Alright, it's all ready now! Let's go." He said, beginning to walk down the hall. About halfway down, he stopped, turning to Nene.
"Oh, I almost forgot. You can come too." He told her, as Yako walked past the two of them.
"Really? Why this time?"
"You're not curious to know how we plan these lovely expeditions?"
"Well, I just kind of assumed you just all walk outside and go from there."
"Incorrect! Come on, I'll show you."

———

Nene sat in one corner of a large room, which had a big, round table in the middle. There were nine seats placed around, which confused Nene, as she thought there was only seven members.

Each of the seats were taken, though Nene couldn't see who was in most of them. She did, however, see Hanako place the book he'd taken on the table, standing slightly in front of the seat which she could guess was his.

"Last time didn't go well, so how about we do it better this time?" Hanako said, crossing his arms and glaring at each of the people around him. He spotted Nene between two chairs, his gaze softening when he looked at her.

"Number 7, last time didn't go well because you weren't focused." A tall, purple haired man said.
"Tsuchigomori, I was focused! You weren't there, how would you know?"
"Because Number 2 told me."
"Either way, we need to properly plan this next one. If it's not, and we fail to get what we need, we won't be able to fulfil the plan."
"We'd have more urgency if you took these more seriously!" Yako raised her voice slightly, startling Nene, which Hanako noticed.