C H A P T E R S I X T Y-S E V E N

Daniel gathered up the Miyagi-Do's and gave them a pep-talk, Nicole not really listening

Daniel gathered up the Miyagi-Do's and gave them a pep-talk, Nicole not really listening. She kept her eyes on Cobra Kai the whole time watching Tory intently. She knew she was found to have to face her at some point and she wanted to beat her more than anything, but it would mean a whole lot more to someone else if they beat her.

"So let's get out there and show Cobra Kai what we're made of. Are you ready?" Daniel asked.

"Yes, Sensei!" They answered.

He nodded and they began warming up.

"Hey." Eli spoke up. "Can we warm up together."

Nicole looked at him and played with her lip.

"Yeah, sure..." She trailed off and got in a fighting position.

She threw small, meaningless kicks at him that didn't do any damage.

"You okay?" Eli asked.

Nicole silently nodded and did a spin kick, Eli moving out of the way.

They circled each other and Eli attempted to sweep her off of her feet, but she jumped and kicked him in the knee, a little too hard.

He held his knee for a moment, inhaling sharply.

Nicole's face fell. "Did...Did I hurt you?"

"No, it's all good, sunflower. You were just warming up." Eli shrugged.

Nicole sighed. "Eli, I'm really sorry about—."

The lights dimmed and they got into their line at the edge of the mat, Nicole becoming silent once more.

"Ladies and gentlemen, it's time to begin our skills competition. Up first, Demetri Alexopoulos from Miyagi-Do Karate, who'll be showcasing the kamas."

As soon as his name was said, Courtney immediately started screaming and clapping for the boy.

"You've got this Dem! I love you!" Courtney shouted.

Demetri smiled up at her before bowing to the crowd.

"Aw, they love each other." Nicole whispered to Eli.

He smiled down at her and at the sight of his gorgeous smile her heart was filled with guilt once more. Shaking it off, she turned to the mat to watch her best friend.

Demetri began swinging the kamas around, flipping them in the air and doing all sorts of tricks.

Next was Cobra Kai and Nicole watched intently as a boy who looked to be in her brother's grade broke some boards.

Chris was up next and broke some boards and a block of cement.

Miguel showed off some tricks as well and many other dojo's showed off their skills.

"Are you kidding me? What a great way to start the skills competition. Clearly, Miyagi-Do and Eagle Fang came to play, but with such a tight spread, it's still anyone's game."