Chapter 3

It seemed like an eternity before the final bell rang. As I was putting my homework in a bag, Sophie and the girl with brown hair walked up to me.

"Hey, Nicole!" She said, "Ready to go to Starbucks?"

"Sure just let me finish packing my school bag," I said. I'd thought about the conversation that I had with Sophie at lunch and decided that it wasn't fair to treat her and her friends like shit on their first day, I needed to give them a chance and I needed to get to know them. I knew that Mom would be super proud of me right now, she was always saying how I need to make some friends and try to overcome my social anxiety. Not sure how this helps though but it didn't matter because I was gonna attempt to make some new friends. 

"I'm gonna go find Linh and the others okay Sophie? I'll meet you at Starbucks" The brown-haired girl said.

------

After I ordered my drink I followed Sophie to where her friends were seated.

"Nicole meets Biana, Linh, Fitz, Keefe, Dex and Tam," Sophie said as she introduced me to her friends. "Biana and Fitz are siblings and Tam and Linh are twins."

I had to admit that Sophie had an interesting group of friends. One thing that I found odd was that they all looked like supermodels that were featured in teen fashion magazines.

"It's nice to meet all of you, did you guys enjoy your fir-" I was interrupted when someone called my name. I looked around and realized that it was for my drink "I'll be back in one sec you guys"

Once I sat back down with my drink I re-asked my question, "did you guys enjoy your first day?"

"It was fun," Keefe said, taking a break from his drink "I have my next prank subjects lined up for at least the next 2 months"

Fitz shook his head disapprovingly "Seriously Keefe I thought we agreed no more pranks, not until you passed the first term" he then went back to strawberry cheesecake frappuccino. Biana giggled at this and went back to doing her homework.

We spent the rest of the afternoon there studying, doing homework and just talking about our likes and dislikes. As the sun slowly sank into the horizon I thought to myself "Hey, maybe these people aren't that bad".

------

The last few months had gone by in a blur, I was hanging out with Sophie's friends, we ate together at lunch and after school, we went to Starbucks to do our homework and hang out. I've gotten a lot closer to these people and consider them my closest friends, then again I don't have any other friends.

"Hey, Keefe!!" I said waving to him.

"Hey, Nikki!!!" He ran up to me, "you look so pretty today, did you do something with your hair?"

"What did you forget to do?"

"Oh nothing, question"

"Yes?" I asked him impatiently.

"Did you do the history homework for today?"

"Yeah? Wait, you didn't do it did you?" I grinned at him

"Heh, maybe?" He rubbed the back of his neck and looked down.

"Follow me" I rolled my eyes and went to my locker. My lock was stubborn and it took me about 3 tries until it finally opened, I took out my history papers and handed them to Keefe. "give them back to me before history class okay?"

"Thank you so much, I really appreciate it, Nikki," he then proceeded to quickly run off, probably to go and copy the assignment.

------

"So you guys are all coming over to my house after school right?" I asked them as I ate my sandwich.

"Yeah, Linh and I need to go home and get our bags before we head over to your place," Tam told me.

I finished chewing and then said "Yeah that's fine just text me when you're at the front door or else my dog will go bonkers"

"I'm sure that all of us are excited to finally meet your mom," Dex said enthusiastically.

"I want to give everyone makeovers and there is no exception" Biana commented. Fitz said that he wanted to meet my dog. I was happy that they were gonna come over for a sleepover.

*RING RING*

"We should probably get to class guys" Biana mentioned after the bell rang.

"Keefe I need my assignment back"

He reached into his bag and pulled out my papers "There you go, Nikki"

I rolled my eyes, amused by his silly attitude "Thanks, Keefe. So I'll meet all of you by my locker after school and then we go to my house right?"

"Unless something changed that was the plan, but remember Tam and Linh need to go back to their house first to get and get their bags then they'll meet us at your house," Dex said.

"Alright I gotta go to class, I'll see you all later" I waved and walked off towards my next class.