Prologue - Dream

It’s just like a lullaby, I can hear the sound of crickets from the distant bushes. The grass calmly moves as the gentle wind blows towards my body, I can feel him close to me. His warmth counters the cold breeze, with a fleeting harmony that resounds the feelings I have.

We are both smiling, lying down the dense and soft grass field covered with yellow flowers that we lie upon. I took a deep breath as I felt the moment. We held hands as we look up the night sky, feeling the heat of his palm and we gripped onto our fingers.

The moon shines brighter than it was before. It fills the whole field, illuminating its damp yellow light on the flowers that surrounds us. I could see them glow, reflecting its golden hue. As the stars twinkle above our eyes, I can think of a galaxy of thoughts. Seeing millions of them above the sky, it makes me count my remaining seconds.

I felt him move while I delved into my thoughts. Our heads meet, seeing each other mesmerized with the relaxing feeling. Our hair collided as it was blown by the calming wind. I smiled as I can feel his sincere look.

I can feel that he’s happy, I’d only saw him this happy at this moment. I can sense that he’s feeling the same kind of joy that I also feel right now. I can feel him close to me, I can feel him closing the gap in between us. Suddenly, my eyes widened as a saw a falling star. I pointed at it and uttered.

“Hey, look, it’s a shooting star!” I exclaimed as I pointed up the sky, smiling at him and excitedly feeling a sense of enthusiasm. Those stars I pointed suddenly became a shower of alluring meteors that adds up on the sky’s surreal vista.

Napangiti ako nang dahil sa mga nangyayari, nararamdaman ang galak at saya sa ’king loob habang tinitingnan ko siya. I never expected this to happen but just shortly it began. Hindi ko na kailangang magpaliwanag, matagal ko nang hinihiling at sinusumamo sa Diyos na mangyari ang bagay na ’to.

Matagal na ’kong nagtatago at tumatakbo sa takot na talikuran ako ng marami. Matagal na ’kong nalulungkot at matagal ko na ring ikinukulong ang sarili ko sa hawlang ginawa ng mga tao sa paligid ko.

Matagal na ’kong umaasang mapapawi ang lahat, umaasang sana’y may magbago, umaasang sana’y sumaya man lamang kahit sandali—at ngayon ay nangyayari na ang lahat ng hinihiling ko.

“It’s beautiful, I-I can’t believe what I’m witnessing. It’s so... amazing.” His husky voice echoed through my ears, just hearing him talk makes me fall for him more.

“Now, let’s make a wish together.” He uttered again, looking at me with hypnotizing eyes.

Bumaling ako sa kan’ya at pinagmasdan ang mga mata niyang nagniningning. Ngumiti ako para iparating sa kan’ya ang matamis kong pagsang-ayon. While keeping the smile, I wondered about some vague thoughts. Ano pa ba ang hihilingin ko ngayon?

“I wish that you can find true happiness, Gael. That happiness that doesn’t die and lives within you, that kind of happiness that doesn’t have any limits, that kind of happiness that doesn’t wither away.” I held his hand tightly as I come to my senses, tears suddenly flowed through my eyes.

“The happiness you surely desire, that kind of happiness that warms your heart. That kind of happiness that you’re still longing to.” Napangiti na lang ako, hindi ko alam pero no’ng sinabi niya ’yon ay basta na lang tumulo ang mga luha sa ’king mga mata.

May mahihiling pa ba ako kung ang sinasabi niya ay kasalukuyan nang nangyayari? May mahihiling pa kaya ako kung naririto na’t katabi ko ang pinakamamahal ko, I don’t know if I could desire anything else.

Ito na yata ang pinakamasayang naranasan ko, ito na yata ang kasiyahang sinasabi niya. The kind of happiness that that doesn’t die and lives within me, that kind of joy that makes me wish that time could stop for the two of us so that I can be with him in that same scenario forever.