Chapter 3: Of Course It Happens

Well, of course it happened. Why do you think I'm recording this?

It was lunch period. I was hanging out with all my friends at our usual lunch table, including Alex though he's not in my class. Then someone screamed, "ZOMBIE!!!"

Everyone froze. Then they heard the groans. 

A bunch of people from 2.06 were banging on the doors. Their skin was gray-ish, they were drooling, and their eyes were as white as a sheet. Immediately, I knew the person who screamed was right.

Jack and I: IT'S THE ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE!! EVERYONE THROUGH THE BACK DOOR!!!

They stared at us strangely. All the classes knew that Jack and I hated each other. They were surprised we would actually cooperate.

Then...

PERSON: AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OTHER PERSON: NOT AGAIN!!!!

3RD PERSON: WE HAVE TO SKIP TACO TUESDAY AGAIN?!?!!

4TH PERSON: IS THAT ALL YOU CAN THINK OF RIGHT NOW?!?!

Of course, it was easy for me to teleport almost everyone into the back of the school bus. But then, like I said, almost everyone.

Bang! The zombies broke through the door and started biting people I couldn't save. Luckily, I didn't teleport any zombies into the bus, but we didn't save a lot of people. Thankfully, everyone I knew was in the bus.

NATALIE: Eddy, look! Up there!

SHILOH: HELP!!

Of course. It had to be Shiloh. 

I quickly teleported Natalie to the bus and then dodged the zombies, heading for the back door. I was too tired for any more portals. But then I saw Shiloh.

She was hanging on the top of a food stall roof, with her phone in hand and other hand gripping the bar. The bar snapped on one side. She was about to fall to her death. Or rather, undeath.

ME: Stupid conscience. It never knows when to quit.

Her phone dropped from her hand and into one of my black portals. It landed in my pocket. Then, using the last of my strength, I jumped to her, grabbed her, and teleported us away to who knows where...

Meanwhile, on the bus...

Natalie was the last to drop from the roof. The bus was huge, and yet it could just barely fit everyone. 

NATALIE: Where's Eddy? And Shiloh?

Everyone looked around and shook their heads. Natalie felt tears well up in her eyes. But right now, she couldn't think about that.

NATALIE: Ok, everyone hang tight!

ALEX: What are you doing, Nat?

NATALIE: Getting us out of this hellish zombie school.

With that, Natalie dashed for the wheel, turned on the engine (Eddy had managed to teleport the key into her pocket), and drove the school away.

MIKE: Where are we going?!

But Natalie kept driving, because she knew the zombies could have spread to the whole city. And that only left enough brain space for two words.

Wei Kang.