Chapter 6: Whitty, Nicole And Ella (Come On, More Characters?!)

CARMEN: Ok, do you see that pole?

We were up on the rooftops again, trying to find a way into the tower. We had also searched some buildings for supplies, and nearly got zombified a couple of times. Finally, Carmen had spotted a telephone pole near the building we were on and the tower.

EDDY: Yeah.

WEI KANG: So we zipline?

CARMEN: Nope, too dangerous. Especially for TikTok princess here.

SHILOH: Hey!

CARMEN: But anyway my zipline is also a electrified baton for extra protection. If we so much as graze it when it's in contact with metal of water, we'll get fried.

WEI KANG: Well, how are we supposed to get in then?

CARMEN: We grapple, duh.

WEI KANG: Ohhhhh. Ok sure. It's not like we haven't done it before.

EDDY: Except Shiloh. Well, I teach her. You got four grappling hooks, Sandiego?

CARMEN: I have 6.

WEI KANG: Solves everything with grappling hooks, don't you.

CARMEN: Oh, shut up, noob.

Meanwhile...

NATALIE: You really did buy Nero's tower, huh.

JACK: Dang, you own this place? Rad.

Natalie had parked the car in the enclosed carpark of Alex.Co Tower. The tower was about 30 stories high and completely repaired since Apollo's fight with Nero and 2020. Now they were all exploring the tower. And then a bat hit Jack's head.

No one reacted.

A pot hit Joshua's head.

ALEX: HIDE!!

NATALIE: Dirk, Alex, June, Nicki, come with me. Everyone else, stay here and restrain Jack when he wakes up. Also, try to heal Joshua. Jack, leave him be for now.

The quintuplet of post-apocalyptic survivors made it past the corridor and into a conference room. Inside, there weren't any zombies. Only two teenage girls hugging each other.

NICOLE: O...other humans?

ELLA: Looks like it. S'up, people.

Meanwhile...

The 15 year old kid walked around the underground laboratory of Alex.Co Tower. He explored the place, looking for the exit.

Instead he found a mirror.

And his body was completely black.

And his face was a bomb.