Ch 10

Early in the morning when the birds were chirping, the grass was a bit moist, the breeze was cold and the sun was playing hide and seek with the clouds.
Wonwoo sits in the garden away from all the attention just like the first time he was here. This place seems to have comforted him in an unknown way. He took a deep breath pushing aside thousands of the thoughts going in his small brain.
" Let's try to be happy today," he told himself and got down to his business as usual.

Today was a notch better, he talked a bit more, he ate his breakfast with his uncles, he and Seonghwa went to an orphanage and he trained with his friends again. A bit better it seems, everyone was a little happy to see Wonwoo again. They all seem to have planted the seed of hope that he will get better now. But was he happy? He tried to be. 

In the evening when Wonwoo was going to the library, he heard the commotion going in the great hall. His curiosity and seeing familiar faces took him in too.
There the King was smiling to his ears, tears in his eyes, he seemed happy, no, he seemed overjoyed. 

When he walked towards Seonghwa to clear his confusion, his friends and young couples' faces turned pale and no answer came to him. All his questions were answered when the King started speaking.

" Kim Mingyu, my son, I'm so proud of you. You've no idea how much happiness you've given me. I'm proud of you my son," the King said as he hugged the prince who just smiled.
" Everyone, today I announce that my son, Kim Mingyu, is in a relationship with the princess of Zara Kingdom, princess Rosella. And I would also like to share that she's pregnant with the heir of our Kingdom. And most importantly they are going to get married in a week. So brace yourself and let's prepare for a grand wedding," the King said.

Wonwoo's throat ran dry, his breath hunching, tears wanting to overflow. This was the last strand of his sanity that broke down.
Wonwoo looked at the prince who was already staring at him. He smiled but that smile didn't reach his eyes heck it was only lips curled slightly upward and he left the great hall. His heavy steps took him away from the friends who ran after him. 

He finally stopped and laid down feeling as tired as ever. The grass which was soft on his feets, the flowers that made him happy, the trees that never judged him and the small birds who liked his presence. This was his safe place, his escape from reality. But it seems like this time the safe place can't comfort Wonwoo anymore. He cried and cried till everything went numb and he lost his consciousness. 

He was found by Seonghwa, lying numb on the grass, tails of dried tears decorating his face, trembling lips and shaking body. Seonghwa cried seeing his hyung's condition. 

Wonwoo wakes up in an unfamiliar room, his head hurting and his body screaming for rest. He sits up and looks around trying to figure out the place when a familiar voice is heard.

" Hyung, how are you feeling?" the gentle voice of Seonghwa was heard as he came into view with a bowl full of soup.

" Numb and tired, I guess," Wonwoo answered.

" Hyung everything will be alright. You have us. We all love you, ok. Don't keep everything to yourself, just let it all out. Now I've got you some soup," Seonghwa comforted his hyung and got a small smile in return.

" Thank you but I don't feel like eating anything. I just want a shower right now," Wonwoo says as he makes his way back to his room.

When he gets inside his room, he slides crying again. He doesn't want to cry anymore but the pain was so much for him to bear. 

The prince lay on the bed, his hands running in his hair, " Someone tell me what I'm doing is not wrong. Please."

Wonwoo had taken shower and was getting ready when he heard a knock on his door. " Come in," his weak voice came out and the door opened revealing none other than the Prince himself.

" May I ask what brings you here, Prince Mingyu?" Wonwoo says facing the Prince who sighs.

" Hyung, why are you acting like this? Just call me by my name," the Prince demanded.

" I'm sorry to say but your highness whatever you're asking me to do is impossible," Wonwoo told him.

The Prince sighs again, " I'm here to give you my wedding invitation," he hands the latter the wedding card.

" Oh it will be my honour, your highness," Wonwoo bows as he takes the card. 

The different behaviour of the older was irritating the prince. He tsk and pulls the older close to him hugging him from his waist, " Hyung, why aren't you fighting me? Why are you so calm? Why aren't you fighting to get me?" He snapped at the older who didn't even flinch.
His eyes were dead, everything in him felt empty and numb. Wonwoo smiles at the prince, " I'm not worth being with you. I'm just tired."

The Prince was afraid of older, his eyes felt empty and his smile wasn't real anymore. The Prince felt broken seeing the older but there was nothing he could do, so he left the older.

The older one broke down on the floor, numb and crying again. " I'm tired… tired of everything… tired.. of this pain… please… someone.. stop it.. love is… a lie.. uncle you all lie.. to me… love is worst… it hurts.. love hurts.. please.. I beg you… stop these voices… stop this pain… I beg… you…," the older cried till he again lost his consciousness and lay numb in his room, trembling.