𝟎𝟎𝟏. 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐧 𝐨𝐧𝐞

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑  𝟎𝟎𝟏

𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐬𝐞𝐧 𝐨𝐧𝐞

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅˚

▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅▅˚.🔮༄¸

𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐔𝐏𝐄𝐑𝐍𝐀𝐓𝐔𝐑𝐀𝐋 was a well known term in forks, washington. many of it's inhabitants used it in a joking matter to explain the weird events happening in the small rainy town. disappearances, tracks in the woods, unexplainable deaths, ... it was all labeled as supernatural by the old ladies sitting in the corner of rosie's café every wednesday, friday and sunday.

no one except a handful of people knew that the gossip and strange theories actually held some truth in them. most people just smiled at the three women who addressed everyone. they smiled with a chuckle before they were on their way again, thinking that the concept of anything 'supernatural' was something to laugh with. because there was no way it was real, right? why would ordinary people doubt their intellect when there had never been anything to prove that the supernatural was real?

the supernatural was just a rumor started by three gossiping old ladies that had nothing better to do than sit around all day. and for most it stayed a rumor, a fun topic under the forks inhabitants who were ignorant about the mysterious things happening. 

veronica jones knew better than to be ignorant. she knew like no other that the secrets of the supernatural had been carried around for ages. generation after generation had learned the stories and rituals that came with the monsters parents tell their children about at night.

she knew because she was chosen. in every generation, one person gets chosen. most of the time it were women. women that were kind yet strict. women that were soft and caring. women that loved being surrounded by the ones they love yet were also powerful on their own. 

veronica jones was one of those women. a woman with a sharp mind and an even sharper tongue. a woman who had learned the ways and spells of old from textbooks and tales. 

she knew all too well that the word magic sounded unbelievable to some ears. but still that's what she possessed. she possessed magic. it runs through her veins at any moment of time, waiting for her command to be set free and bring joy or the opposite.

just like the tribe in la push, the stories of old witches and warlocks were passed on. not from family member to family member. not from tribe to offspring. but from chosen one to chosen one.

ancient ancestors decided which soul would be the next to learn the secrets of magic. it could be anyone born on the grounds of forks. the ancestors came in dreams. cryptic messages were sent to the one in complete harmony with nature.