Crafting With Malroth

In the middle of the night, I first awoke to Malroth yelling near the Worn-out Workbench outside the room. I groggily stepped outside, only to see him struggling with building. "Malroth, what are you doing?" I asked. "I'm building," he said, "Though I don't think that I can do it..." "What do you mean? Let me see." I said, trying to encourage him. "Okay, fine." Malroth tried to smile, but failed to do so. It looked like he had been hit in the nuts. I decided to say nothing, and watch him attempt to make something out of Lulu's night soil, dry grass, and dolomite he found somewhere. "Hmm..." "AGH!!!" "Oh, I'll show you!!!" "....No...."  Were all things I heard come out of Malroth as he struggled with building... Whatever that is. A puff of black smoke rose up from his monstrous creation. I offered to help him make something, too, but even that was a complete failure.  "Hey. Do you want me to show you how?" I offered. He nodded. I could tell that he was discouraged. Suddenly, he gasped. "I know what to do!" He cried. Lulu turned around in her sleep. I shushed Malroth, who took no regard for my warning. "Can you make me a weapon?" Malroth asked sincerely. I nodded, and immediately wrote "Oaken Club" in my Builderpedia. I used the last wood I had collected before to make it. 

When I finished, Malroth was very happy

When I finished, Malroth was very happy. "Yes!!! Now I can help fight!" he cried. We high fived, and went back to sleep.

Here comes the twist.