What the Wizard

"Of course, I'm Sirius Black!"

Sirius crawled out from underneath the bed, feeling rather undignified at having to hide under a girl's bed, particularly when he hadn't had sex with her, though the question of how he'd ended up in her room remained. He plopped onto the bed, still unmade, as he glared at her, his arms crossed and one leg crossed the other.

Some habits were hard to break once thumped into one's head.

"How did you get into my room?" the girl asked, her eyes suddenly having a hint of curiosity while a sliver of wariness remained.

"How the bloody hell should I know," Sirius muttered. They then found themselves staring at each other. He finally took a deep breath and said, "How do you know I'm Sirius Black? After all, you're a...."

He stopped the corner of his mouth twitching. He could already hear Regulus, who'd yet to meet a Muggle saying, "Of course, you'd be an idiot and call them Muggle to their faces."

"A Muggle?" the girl asked. "Someone who can't do magic."

"Ooff," Sirius muttered. "Are you sure I didn't spend the..."

That resulted in her grabbing an eraser from her desk and chucking it at his head. He winched but felt there were other things, more dangerous things on her desk, that she could have picked. "Don't! You're just as perverted as you are in the books."

"What books?" Sirius muttered. He then remembered how she'd called him a, no—she'd said he couldn't be a Harry Potter character, and he knew Harry Potter was the name on every one of those books. He stood up, heading for the shelf, only for the girl to step in front of him, her voice tightening.

"Don't."

"Why not."

"You'll change the future."

"Screw the future."

She looked at him, glaring, not wanting to budge.

"Move." He glared at her. And then, "Or I'll do something as perverted as what I do in those books, right?"

Which made her face turn a bright red, and her hands suddenly flew up to cover her face, a slight sob coming from her. "You are a pervert!"

"I—what?" Sirius blinked, suddenly realizing his tactic backfired. And he indeed, even though he did enjoy having the company of girls, didn't want to do anything perverted—that was a reputation... "Fuck."

He turned and headed back over to the bed, letting his fingers twist up into his hair while the girl—Serenity, he believed her name was, well, he didn't know what she was doing, given the fact he had his back to her. "Bloody hell." He turned, folding his arms as he glared at her, finding she was still covering her eyes. "I am going to figure out a way to find out what's in those books."

No answer.

"Hello. Did you hear me?"

Still no answer

"You can uncover your face now. I'm not going to do anything perverted. And..." Sirius sighed. "I'm not a pervert."

"Don't believe you."

"Well, Regulus will tell you otherwise." Because, in Sirius's mind, Regulus would, or at least he hoped he would. After all, James would simply laugh at his predicament, Remus gives him a told you so, and Peter would confirm what she said. So that left Regulus. "Bloody Merlin. I hope he doesn't think I'm a pervert." Of course, there were the posters. "Well, maybe he does."

Serenity lowered her hands, glaring at him, her mouth twisted into a frown, though she didn't speak. Carefully, she moved over to her desk and grabbed the book she'd tossed there. She tucked it to her chest and pulled the chair over to the shelf, so she was positioned between him and it.

And she said nothing the entire time. "Seriously?"

She remained quiet, glaring at him as if thinking of something.

Sirius sighed. "Okay, Serenity..."

"How'd you know my name?"

"Your mum used it?" Sirius hiked his thumb to the door. "And she's nicer than mine, by the way. Kind of..."

"I know."

His eyes blinked. He sucked in his breath, not liking what he heard, knowing what it meant without having it confirmed, and yet... "You know what?"

"That she's awful."

Sirius lifted a finger, pointing at the book. "Is that in your book?"

She nodded her head.

"And that's fine for me to know because?"

"You already know it," she said, nodding her head. "So it can't change the future."

"Don't you think just being here will change the future?" Sirius asked, now wondering what she was hiding from him, what kind of future she was preventing, what he might find himself regretting. And then there was that look as if something was puzzling her. "Okay. What is on your mind?"

"Regulus."

"Regulus?" Sirius tilted his head. "Funny bloke."

Her eyes widened. "You're doing it again."

"Doing..." Sirius frowned. "And don't your books tell you that my younger brother is a funny bloke?"

"They don't say much of anything about him, to be honest." She said. "At least nothing that you need to concern yourself about."

Sirius stared. His hands reached down, gripping his school uniform. Hearing her say that made him concerned, definitely concerned regarding what was in those books regarding Regulus, more so than anything involving himself. Of course, the boy on the cover looked like James, had the same name, so an idea popped into my head. He pointed at the book, intending to ask her, "So...."

"I don't get it."

"You don't get what?"

"You bring up your younger brother so candidly, as if...." Serenity's mouth snapped shut while she looked at him.

Sirius sighed, leaning forward, so his elbows were on his knees. "So. There is something more about Regulus in those books, isn't there? Something you're not telling me?"

She frowned, glaring at him, pulling the book closer, or at least he thought she was. "It's not as if you'd care."

Which struck Sirius as an odd thing to say. "What do you...."

What she said next made his blood run cold. "You hate your brother."