15. Is this where you live?

"Sir, we're here!" While gazing in the rear-view mirror, Taehyung's driver notified his boss in a kind manner.

Taehyung opened his eyes and sat up straight, turning his head to check his surroundings. A small figure on his lap wiggled and to his right, the girl snuggled closer to him. Taehyung felt the sudden warmth in his heart as he looked at his family. He had never had this luxury in his life and had been craving for it.

When he looked at the familiar garage, his heartbeat stopped. He forgot to inform his driver to drop Jia and Ji-hu at their house. Not his fault though. He didn't know where they lived.

Jia immediately opened her eyes and sat up straight when she noticed the close proximity to her ex-husband. She looked out of the window with a puzzled expression, before looking at Taehyung. She inquired, "Where are we?"

"My place!?" Taehyung responded, almost as if he were asking a question.

"This is clearly not my house." Jia scoffed.

"I think we should go home you said." He replied in the same tone as Jia had earlier. "Did you specify whose home?" Taehyung shrugged and stepped out of the car, protectively holding Ji-hu in his arms. Before closing the door of his side, he spoke, "Rest here tonight. The weather isn't that great and I don't want anything to happen to you both. So get your stubborn ass out of the car and let us go." With that, he shut the door behind him and waited for the girl to come out.

"As if you care," Jia muttered to herself as she thanked the driver and exited the vehicle.

🥀

"Is this where you live?" Jia inquired, as soon as Taehyung opened the door of his penthouse.

"Yes! Please make yourself at home. I'll make him sleep in my room." Taehyung said and walked away to his room with his son in his arms.

Jia continued to glance at the expensive furniture and paintings that were displayed nearly everywhere. She was well aware of her ex-husband's fondness for art. But she never imagined it would be this much for his house to look like an art museum. She smiled at the colorful paintings as she walked around and ran her fingers over the rough texture.

The smile on her face faded when a painting hung beside a huge television drew her attention. It was a painting of little Ji-hu. The boy was some 2-3 months old she assumed. He was wearing a cute smile on his face. 

Jia turned around to see a luxurious modern U-shaped black leather sofa with a fancy coffee table in front of it. The picture could be clearly seen while sitting on the sofa that was spread almost in the whole room.

Jia was jolted out of her reverie by a deep voice, "So, what would you like to have?" 

Taehyung searched for her near the entrance. When he couldn't find Jia, he went to the drawing-room and noticed her standing in the middle of the room. The girl simply raised her brows in confusion as if asking what he meant. 

"I meant by dinner," Taehyung responded casually.

Before Jia could respond, a call interrupted them. "Yeah? Okay, thank you!" Taehyung disconnected the call in less than a minute and looked at the girl.

"How about chicken and beer? My bodyguard has already brought the chicken from my favorite restaurant with beers. I have taken a break for these two days and so I asked him to stock some food here. Looks like I forgot." He rubbed his nape nervously.

"Of course! After all, you're getting old." Jia shrugged and walked into the kitchen, leaving a dumbstruck man behind.

"Yah! I'm not old. I'm just thirty!" He remarked as he caught up to the girl's speed. Jia could already feel him sulking.