Ch 7

The next morning Jordan fed him breakfast and drove him home so he could get his house chores done and spend time with his beloved cat.

It was hard to pretend that they weren't social, never mind sleeping together. Monday morning they ended up in the elevator alone, standing there staring at the doors.

Then Jason leaned in and inhaled her scent, brushing his lips over her neck. Her pupils dilated and she went weak. I shouldn't fantasize about fucking him in the elevator. That's something tacky that Zack would do, she thought.

"What are you doing?" she whispered.

"Causing a scandal," he replied playfully.

"No sex in the elevator," she insisted firmly.

"Of course not. Elevators are for foreplay," he batted his brows, and his face became an instant mask as the doors pulled open. He strode out without a word and casually headed for his cubicle with his back pack on one shoulder. How did he do that?

Zack was beside Jordan in an instant when she stood at the lunch room counter making herself a coffee.

"Hey babe. How was your weekend?" he asked with confidence.

"Same as any other weekend, Zack. I drank beer and watched movies. Did some laundry, made a sandwich," she listed off dully with a shrug.

He suddenly got down on one knee. "That's perfect. Marry me," he replied with enthusiasm.

"Not even in your dreams," she retorted, walking away. She stopped at her cubicle, eyes wide. Her desk drawer was buzzing like it was full of bees, or cellphones set on vibrate, and she had a feeling she knew what was vibrating in there. Fuck.

When she set her coffee down and bravely pulled open the drawer she found seven different sex toys in there, ranging in all different sizes, colours and vibrations. Ah wow, they really don't know when to quit. Her heart sank a little, but finding this suggested they weren't on to her and Jason being more than friends yet. That was something.

Jordan turned to find the three of them peering over from the other side of the hallway. Zack, Davis, and Garrett, observing what she was going to do. She decided to be cool and calm about it.

"You guys wouldn't happen to know how these got in here, would you?" she asked, going about switching some of them off.

Garrett piped up. "I saw Jason at your desk. I think he's trying to tell you something, babe."

Jason must have heard him because he replied with sarcasm. "Right, Garrett, because I spend money on toys to stuff in my coworker's desk. Should probably mention that they've been used on the dead hookers in my basement torture dungeon."

She imagined he was rolling his eyes as he got back to typing.

"I wouldn't doubt it," Zack muttered, and Jordan found the whole thing funny because Jason didn't even have a basement in his house. He was just humoring them to make it look like he had no interest in her.

Jordan absently played with one of the vibrators, trying out the different settings on her palm. This one isn't bad, she decided, dropping it in her bag casually. Garrett's mouth dropped open, and she motioned for him to come over, and then spoke to him like he was a child.

"You can pick up your toys and take them back to the dirty little shop you got them from. Maybe they'll give you your money back."

He looked unsure, grabbing them all and taking them back to his desk. Zack gave him a smack to the back of the head and went to work. The rest of the day was quiet until lunch time.