Chapter Ten

As he had suspected on the young man's face was a serious burn scar. However beneath the expanse of the blood red scar one could vaguely make out three or four very small human faces.

Those human faces were all the size of an infant's palm scattered crookedly across his cheeks and forehead. Because they had been burned before each face was severely shriveled and looked as though they were screeching in pain. With these strange screeching miniature human faces squeezed onto an originally normal human face it truly was scarier than any ghost!

In that instant upon seeing that face Xie Lian felt as though he was thrown into a nightmare. An immense fear numbed his entire being to the extent he was unaware of when he stood up. He also wasn't aware of what kind of expression appeared on his face but it must have been extremely frightening.

The young man was slowly and hesitantly taking his bandage off already feeling uneasy. Seeing his reaction he also took two steps back seemingly aware that Xie Lian couldn't accept a face like this. Xiao Ying step in between them and tug Xie Lian's sleeve, " Sir, are you alright? ".

The teenager suddenly grab Xiao Ying's hand then leapt up off the ground before fleeing toward the depths of the forest.

Xie Lian shouted after them, " Wait! Come back! ".

But because he had stood still for quite some time before finally reacting and with how that teenager was more familiar with the routes of the mountain (having been used to hiding and escaping in the dark) it comes without saying that the teenager would disappear without a trace. No matter how much Xie Lian shouted the two would not come out. With no one around to help search and lacking spiritual power thus rendering him unable to use the spirit communication array he dashed through the mountain and searched for an hour with no results.

As the cold wind blew Xie Lian became more clear-headed and knew that randomly fumbling around like a headless housefly wouldn't result in anything.

He doubled back to Ming Guang Temple but was startled.

He was greeted with a mass of people clothed in black all gathered in the forest behind the temple. With solemn faces they carefully took down the forty or so corpses from their hanging positions above. At the front of the forest stood a tall figure with his arms crossed currently supervising the group of people. The head turned revealing an elegant yet cold face belonging to that of a young man which turned out to be Fu Yao. It seemed like he had made trip back to Heaven, before bringing back a group of officials down from Xuan Zhen Palace Hall to come help.

Xie Lian was just about to speak when the sound of footsteps came from behind. It was Nan Feng who had also finished sending off the villagers and had just returned. When he saw this scene he cast a glance at Fu Yao and asked, " Didn't you run off by yourself? "

The way he said it was very unpleasant causing Fu Yao to raise an eyebrow to show his displeasure. Xie Lian did not want them to begin arguing at such a critical moment and thus interjected, " I was the one who had him return to bring backup. "

Nan Feng sneered, " Then where are our reinforcements? I thought at the very least you would get your family's General to personally come. "

Fu Yao answered with indifference, " When I'd returned I heard that Little General Pei had already made it down here. Thus I did not spend my time looking for our General. Furthermore even if I tried to find him with how busy he is he would not necessarily have the time to come."

Quite frankly according to Xie Lian's understanding towards Mu Qing even if the General had the time he still wouldn't have personally come. But Xie Lian currently did not have the time to think more on the topic and wearily said, " You guys shouldn't argue right now help me find Xiao Ying and the bandaged teenager first. "