Chapter Eight

The two of them rushed back to the Ming Guang Temple. However the main hall was now completely empty. The only thing that remained in the place of the brides from before was a hideous mess of red veils.

Upon seeing this Xie Lian thought in his heart, " This is bad so bad. They're gonna die totally die! "

He began rapidly picking up the veils on the ground. The moment he finished he heard a wave of alarmed cries from outside the temple. Nan Feng and Xie Lian took a look outside the window only to see a dozen or so women dressed in scarlet wedding clothes encircling the villagers. Right now they were slowly approaching them.

Each of these women's faces were deathly pale and were decorated with a smile. Their hands were stretched out in front of them perpendicularly to their bodies

These were precisely the corpses of those brides in the temple!

None of the villagers could remain calm as they helplessly watched the brides close in on them. Nobody had time to deal with that bandaged teenager anymore and immediately broke into a run. Little Ying promptly went over to support the teenager as Xie Lian helplessly said, " Don't run! "

Who knew how many times he had already said that phrase tonight. Every time something happened Xie Lian would have to say it at least thirty to forty times. However there would always be people who turned a deaf ear to his warnings. He felt truly quite helpless.

Xie Lian waved his hand and the silk Ruoye began flying out toward the sky. After casually making a hand sign the silk Ruoye began whirling around in the air by itself. It looked as if it was a heavenly woman randomly dancing about a sight that was extremely eye-catching.

And when that group of brides saw that there was something lively spinning around in a cheerful manner something whose tail would whip at them from time to time many of those brides were lured over to the silk Ruoye.

However there were seven more brides that were attracted to the heavy scent of blood within the depths of the forest. They were currently slowly hopping over there. Xie Lian immediately said, " Nan Feng, catch up to them. Don't let them go down the mountain! "

There was no need to say anymore because Nan Feng had already begun chasing after them. On the other hand two brides began attacking Xie Lian. Their ten fingers were scarlet red and their fingernails were extremely sharp as they reached over.

In response Xie Lian took out two veils he had just picked up from the ground before he suddenly threw them. The veils flew out as they spun in the air before neatly covering the heads of the two brides. Immediately their actions became sluggish.

Sure enough the moment they were covered with the veils, their noses and eyes were blocked by a thick layer of cloth. The brides became no longer able to see the shadows of people or smell the scent of the living. And because their bodies were stiff corpses it was impossible for them to bend their arms and take off those veils by themselves. They could only stretch out their hands and randomly claw frantically in all directions as if they were playing a game of hide and seek.

This scene was truly frightening yet comical at the same time. Xie Lian stood in front of the two brides and waved his hands in front of their covered faces in a probing manner. When he saw how they were completely unaware of his presence and instead began stretching their hands out in the opposite direction Xie Lian began to think. After a moment, he finally couldn't hold back and said, " Excuse me for this. "

Xie Lian grabbed a hand from each bride before placing them on each other's necks. The two brides suddenly touched something and were very surprised. Since they couldn't see anything they began to fiercely destroy each other. Xie Lian quickly ran away before he raised another hand. The silk Ruoye followed him in a flash of faint rainbow light before it silently fell onto the ground creating a huge white loop. Xie Lian yelled at the villagers who were still running about in all directions, " Everyone, go into the ring! "