Chapter Fourteen

Xie Lian was startled to find that the two young man although slim and slender helped him carry his enormous bag of scraps with calm and collected ease

Xie Lian was startled to find that the two young man although slim and slender helped him carry his enormous bag of scraps with calm and collected ease. He couldn't help but feel a pang of guilt. San Lang strode forward already steps ahead of him. Xie Lian made to follow but suddenly remembered that the old cart driver was still lying unconscious in the cart. He doubled back and saw Lan Yang already there tapped the old cart driver back to consciousness and repeatedly warned him to not speak of anything that had happened tonight to anyone. Having witnessed Xie Lian abilities how could the old man dare to disagree with him? Vigourously nodding his head he said he wouldn't dream of it. The old man then pulled on the reins of Old Huang and hurried home.

What was left on the cart now was a rolled up bamboo mat which San Yang take it from Xie Lian and carried on his back. When he looked back again San Lang was already making his way leisurely up the hill single-handedly holding the bag of scraps that was slung over his shoulder..

Upon arrival they stood in front of the crookedly sitting Pu Qi Monastery. Both San Lang and San Yang dipped their head in a fit of laughter as though they had seen something amusing. As Xie Lian approached he found that he was looking at the 'decrepit house, please donate' sign. He coughed lightly and said, " See? This is it and why I said you two might not be used to this. "

San Lang replied, " This is quite alright. " San Yang nod his head.

Previously it had always been Xie Lian telling other people 'it's alright, it's okay'. Today was the first time he heard those words spoken back to him leaving him with an indescribable feeling. Pu Qi Monastery's original door had long rotted so Xie Lian took it down and replaced it with a curtain. Lifting a corner he stepped forward and said, "Come in."

San Lang and San Yang followed close behind and entered.

The furnishings in this little wooden house could be taken in with a single glance. There was only a long rectangular offering table two small wooden stools a small praying mat and a donation box. Taking the things San Lang and San Yang have been holding Xie Lian began unloading the things he bought: the fortune telling container an incense burner a calligraphy brush paper and other miscellaneous items before putting them in their appropriate places on the offering table. Lighting up a red candle that someone had offhandedly tossed him while he was collecting scraps the room became immediately illuminated in light. San Lang casually picked up the fortune telling container and shook it before placing it down.

San Yang asked, " So, is there a bed? "

Xie Lian turned around. He wordlessly set down the the bamboo mat he had been carrying on his back and then showed it to him.

San Lang raised an eyebrow. " Is there only one? "

Xie Lian had only run into the young man when he was on his way back from the town so naturally he hadn't thought to buy another mat. " If you don't mind squishing with me tonight, we can share? ", He suggested.