The Traitor (Chapter 3)

I slowly opened my eyes as the warm glow of the sun reflected into my room. I really did not want to go to school today.

I fell out of bed, catching myself at the last second. I waded over to my closet and chose a plain grey shirt, jeans, and my black converse sneakers.

I slid through the hallway, down the stairs, and to the kitchen. My mom had off work today, and was making breakfast.

"Good morning!" she said brightly.

" Morning mom" I replied.

"Where we're you so late last night Gwen?" she questioned.

" Oh, I was just exploring and forgot how late it was" I quickly replied. Surprisingly she didn't question me any further, and simply nodded her head.

She handed me a plate with a pancake, bacon, and some eggs. I quickly scarfed them down and cleaned up.

I decided to leave a bit earlier than yesterday. So I walked towards the front door where my things were from last night.

Last night... did I even see what I think I saw? I mean, how could a person turn into a large bird. How could there be a giant wolf lurking around the area without anybody saying anything.

More importantly, why did I feel like I recognized it? I mean, if I saw a giant wolf in the middle of the woods in the past I would have definitely remembered it.

Its red fur and golden eyes reminded me all too much of the man from my dreams. I mean that literally and figuratively. I did see him in my dream, and he was smoking hot.

I drove down the road, keeping my eyes peeled for any large birds or dogs. I was listening to music and humming along until I passed by that house again. There was one thing that caught my attention.

A man with dark red hair was walking out to their car. There was no denying it was him. I had memorized his face by that time. To be honest, I kind of thought that he lived there.

I had never seen him before, and someone new just moved into the town. I can't believe I didn't think of it earlier.

I pulled into the parking lot, and grabbed my stuff. The walk from the parking lot to the school was short and sweet.

I walked through the hallways and arrived at my locker. I put in my combination, and started to shove my things into the small space.

My backpack was pretty large and was giving me trouble. I shoved and pushed, but it still wouldn't budge. I was about to give up, until I heard a voice behind me.

"Do you need any help with that?" a man said.

I quickly turned my head, and was met with a set of amethyst eyes. "Oh um, sure!" I replied enthusiastically.

The man came over and with one great shove, got my backpack into my locker. " Wow you made that look so easy! Thanks for the help." I said.

"No problem. My names Vesper, what's yours?" He asked.

"Gwendolyn, nice to meet you Vesper." I replied. I would soon realize this whole encounter was a big mistake.